Yogi was right " it ain't over til it's over "

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
chester field

Post by chester field »

trouter3 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 pm And today saw on the tube, believe it or not, in her own words, Hilary Clinton is seriously contemplating running for POTUS in 2020 :evil: :evil: ..talk about depressing, I can't stand the sight of that women ..
:shock: :shock:
She can contemplate all she wants. I don't think that even the Dems want her around at this point.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Since this vote count has become one of the great fiascos of our time ...
A judge in south Florida stated and I am sadly in total agreement.... " Florida is the laughing
Stock of the country " Gross inefficiency, the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing ... Astonishing, puzzlement, Sickening to watch the news, just cringe when you see what's going on down here, in private industry heads would roll, people would be outa of jobs.....but the beat goes on, stay tuned for more obscene news on how elected officials are chosen down in this laughing stock of the country ...

Peace and tranquility
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The sooner we accept our “democracy” is broken, the sooner we can affect solutions.
R/Griff
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Apparently, it is *over* in re: the Governor race. Sean Hannity is reporting that Ron DeSantis has been certified the winner, after the machine counts came in. Jury still out for Gov. and for DOACS commissioner.

God I hope we're OK if that dem wins DOACS commissioner..... I have to renew in 2021.

Would I be allowed to renew earlier if it came to that?
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

The two counties that need laughing at are infested with NYC, NJ, northeast transplants, Florida's 65 other counties had little or no problem with the vote.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:21 am Apparently, it is *over* in re: the Governor race. Sean Hannity is reporting that Ron DeSantis has been certified the winner, after the machine counts came in. Jury still out for Gov. and for DOACS commissioner.

God I hope we're OK if that dem wins DOACS commissioner..... I have to renew in 2021.

I'm predicting that if she tries ANYTHING her office will be tied up in lawsuits and court orders for years. You'll see nothing come out of her on gun control except posturing and sound bites.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

jjk308 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:52 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:21 am Apparently, it is *over* in re: the Governor race. Sean Hannity is reporting that Ron DeSantis has been certified the winner, after the machine counts came in. Jury still out for Gov. and for DOACS commissioner.

I'm predicting that if she tries ANYTHING her office will be tied up in lawsuits and court orders for years. You'll see nothing come out of her on gun control except posturing and sound bites.
Can only hope you're right on that one, but if Dems have taught me anything, they're good at pulling corruption out of their asses and inflicting it on us.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Simple solution: If the dims steal the CommAg election for Nikki Fried, then we just lobby to have the State Legislature move responsibility for CWP processing to the FDLE and out of her hands. After all, during the campaigning she said that moving the processing of CWPs to the FDLE is something that deserves discussion.
"All concealed-weapons permit applications are run through the Florida Crime Information Center, which is run by the FDLE," Fried said. "Background checks are run to ensure that CWP's (concealed weapons permits) don't end up in the hands of the wrong people and to protect society. So, in my opinion, it is completely reasonable to have the conversation of moving this responsibility over to the law enforcement professionals."
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... andidates/
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

flcracker wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:13 pm Simple solution: If the dims steal the CommAg election for Nikki Fried, then we just lobby to have the State Legislature move responsibility for CWP processing to the FDLE and out of her hands. After all, during the campaigning she said that moving the processing of CWPs to the FDLE is something that deserves discussion.
"All concealed-weapons permit applications are run through the Florida Crime Information Center, which is run by the FDLE," Fried said. "Background checks are run to ensure that CWP's (concealed weapons permits) don't end up in the hands of the wrong people and to protect society. So, in my opinion, it is completely reasonable to have the conversation of moving this responsibility over to the law enforcement professionals."
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... andidates/
I'm not sure if I want the FDLE to take that over... After all, I believe one of the reasons why the DOACS has that responsibility is to keep it (and the database) out of the hands of a LEA. IF they ran the CWFL process, they'd have ultiamte access to the data and could use it for "investigative" purposes....

Maybe some other department not LE related???
tector

Post by tector »

Give it to the Lieutenant Governor--they don't do shit anyways.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”