for the moment it's over

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Rchrd.miranda

for the moment it's over

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

It looks like Florida is going to be all right. Of course, Senator Nelson is requesting a recount but that is just the way things are now a days. Maybe we'll have a few days of peace and quiet before the 2020 campaign begins. Or, has it really already begun?
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Recounts are pretty useless thanks to optical readers - less error prone than people - I can't recall a 34,700 vote margin ever being overturned.

Florida U.S. Senate race between Rick Scott, Bill Nelson could be heading for recount
Orlando Sentinal Nov 7. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/po ... story.html

Republican Rick Scott holds a 34,700-vote lead over incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson out of more than 8.1 million ballots cast for a difference of 0.42 percent, according to unofficial returns posted by the state Division of Elections.

State law triggers a recount if the difference in a race is less than 0.5 percent. So if the returns stand, the state will count the ballots again. There was no comment from state officials early Wednesday.

Under Florida law, a machine recount is conducted when the margin of victory is 0.5 percent or less. If the margin is 0.25 percent or less after the machine recount, a manual recount is conducted.

Latest word is that Nelson has asked for a recount - decided to go out as a bad loser?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Rchrd.miranda wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 am It looks like Florida is going to be all right. Of course, Senator Nelson is requesting a recount but that is just the way things are now a days. Maybe we'll have a few days of peace and quiet before the 2020 campaign begins. Or, has it really already begun?
Oh, I think it began last night.... I think people like Gillum are playing it very smart. They know the gains they got in this election. And, more importantly, they know now what they'll have to do to win in 2020. People like Nelson just don't get it. I think it will be difficult for him to get elected again. Gillum, in conceding when he did, might just be able to win something again, if not the governorship in particular... And he now has a metric on what is needed to get it done. The thing about that is, we also know what must be done to keep it from happening. I sure hope we do... and get it done.

You are absolutely right.... It's over..... for now.... :popcorn:
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:59 am
Rchrd.miranda wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 am It looks like Florida is going to be all right. Of course, Senator Nelson is requesting a recount but that is just the way things are now a days. Maybe we'll have a few days of peace and quiet before the 2020 campaign begins. Or, has it really already begun?
<snip>

The thing about that is, we also know what must be done to keep it from happening. I sure hope we do... and get it done.

You are absolutely right.... It's over..... for now.... :popcorn:
Yes, learn from the after-action report. They will.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Beto is the new media left wing darling. They’re proud he lost in Texas and will nominate him in 2020. Just watch
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I'm going to have a stroke having to see that Polizi witchy bitch on the TV every night spouting her Image Not to mention the Maxine stupidity as committee chair.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:59 am
Oh, I think it began last night.... I think people like Gillum are playing it very smart. They know the gains they got in this election. And, more importantly, they know now what they'll have to do to win in 2020. People like Nelson just don't get it. I think it will be difficult for him to get elected again. Gillum, in conceding when he did, might just be able to win something again, if not the governorship in particular... And he now has a metric on what is needed to get it done. The thing about that is, we also know what must be done to keep it from happening. I sure hope we do... and get it done.
All they've got to run on is Healthcare, Electing Women and Hating Trump.

Once the preexisting condition bit is settled that's it for healthcare - maybe a backfire if they try for Medicare for all.
Hillary ran on Electing A Woman and Hating Trump. Didn't work.