Went to vote this morning

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
rug357

Went to vote this morning

Post by rug357 »

Went to vote this morning.
Ballet was 5 pages long...double sided on 4 so total of 9 pages. I studied the ballet for past couple days so I knew exactly how I was going to vote but still took 10 minutes just to mark the ballet so in-and-out in 15 minutes. No hiccups and everything went smooth. There were not that many people voting this morning. My wife will go tomorrow morning.
Go vote early if possible as election day is going to be hectic and probably will have long lines.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Morning is the time to go. We waited until afternoon & the line to get in was like 30 min. Like you, I went over all the items & amendments etc. & made my choices ahead of time. There were so many that I made a Note on my iPhone for each so I didn't even have to read which was which on the ballot - just the number. (I don't think they let you bring the Sample Ballot in with you) Went pretty quick once we got inside.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
OSD

Post by OSD »

This was discussed in another thread. They can't stop you from bring a sample ballot in with you when you vote.

Polling Place Procedures Manual
Section II. The Polling Place
Sub Section F. Voters

Voters may bring in pre‐marked sample ballots or campaign literature for their personal use.
They may not use these for campaigning purposes.

Yes, you can bring in a filled out sample ballot. If they tell you no, refer them to this.
Jim
Arkhangel5

Post by Arkhangel5 »

I went also this morning. In and out less than 15 min. Was not packed, but was steady, maybe 50% while I was in.

SY
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I voted last week and the line was pretty damn long. I was in and out in about 15 minutes too, though. I didn't like how unwieldy the ballots were but I had my cheat sheet with me and no one said shit about it.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Whatever happened to "no campaigning at polling place"? I went to cast my red tide vote yesterday and the whole damn library parking lot was full of signs and campaign tables giving out trinkets.

Kill the blue wave - be part of the red tide - vote Republican!!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

They put a line of blue tape on the walkway leading to the voting room. It is a specific distance from the door. Don’t know the exact distance, but no campaigners beyond the blue line. GARY.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I voted early, yesterday morning. Nobody outside to "electioneer." I should do this for more elections! Although I will say the polling place was reasonably busy, even with 5 days left to vote. Still, I didn't have to wait long. I asked, and was told, that all electronically scanned ballots are sent to the county election HQ each day of early voting (i.e. they aren't kept in the machines until the last day). That made me feel a little better about voting early.

It's weird watching all the campaign ads now..... "SORRY.... TOO LATE!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I sill hope us pro-2A folks will get out there and bolster the vote... we need every vote to count!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:36 am They put a line of blue tape on the walkway leading to the voting room. It is a specific distance from the door. Don’t know the exact distance, but no campaigners beyond the blue line. GARY.
BLUE TAPE?

Shouldn't it be RED TAPE?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

flcracker wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:15 am Whatever happened to "no campaigning at polling place"? I went to cast my red tide vote yesterday and the whole damn library parking lot was full of signs and campaign tables giving out trinkets.

Kill the blue wave - be part of the red tide - vote Republican!!
Oh yeah, it was pretty bad when I went. I recognized at least two candidates on the ballot handing out pamphlets and telling people to vote for them at the library I did my early voting at. A lot more people holding signs.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."