Senate Race

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
chester field

Senate Race

Post by chester field »

I know not everyone here likes Scott, but man this is a close one.

Like him or not we need this seat.

Vote!
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

chester field wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:28 pm snip

Like him or not we need this seat.

Vote!
That's the problem with Scott. Even if he won "this seat" we won't necessarily have the seat. He'd be the new Jeff Flake, flipping at a tough time; no certainty as to how he'd come down. Proof? Look at the stupid gun "reform" law he pushed through after Parkland. Whether or not one agrees with the age provisions, look at the seizure part. Even if you agree with seizure under the right circumstances, he left it open for serious abuse without accountability. It could have been fixed before signing, the problem was glaring to anyone; I'm sure there were a few lawyers involved and should have spotted it. Pandering to the crowd at the time is his game: if Hogg has a big crowd, or his philosophic follow-on does, Scott will be there. He doesn't get my vote, I'll vote all other spots but not Senator. Yada, yada, yada, "it's a vote for Nelson." Nelson is an ass, but at least we won't be counting on him.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

As we have just seen, the Senate is required to get Supreme Court nominations approved. With Kavanaugh it was almost strictly party line: one Dem voted for him, one Rep against. Even a lame duck like Flake voted right in the end. Even if you hate Scott's guts (I won't try to dissuade you), you can't want the Senate to fall into Dem hands. The time to beat Scott would have been a primary, not now.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

tector wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:31 pm As we have just seen, the Senate is required to get Supreme Court nominations approved. With Kavanaugh it was almost strictly party line: one Dem voted for him, one Rep against. Even a lame duck like Flake voted right in the end. Even if you hate Scott's guts (I won't try to dissuade you), you can't want the Senate to fall into Dem hands. The time to beat Scott would have been a primary, not now.
At this point, even a RINO is better than a democrap. If for no other reason, as Tector said, than to keep appointing Conservative judges to eliminate lower court judges from rewriting the Constitution from the bench. Ride the Red Wave. You'll thank yourself later.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Do you want to eat your shit sandwich with or without mustard?

Pick one.
tector

Post by tector »

Odessaman wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:16 pm Do you want to eat your shit sandwich with or without mustard?

Pick one.
Well, again, there was an opportunity to beat Scott on an individual level, with no national consequence--that was the primary. Admittedly no Republican of note ran against Scott there--that's the real problem.

So now the issue is this: do you want a GOP Senate or a DEM Senate, particularly when it comes to any Supreme Court vacancy? The answer seems obvious, unless you have reached the point of "let it all go to shit, and then we will rebuild out of the ashes." I am not quite there yet. But I can't demonize someone who is. Fair minded people can disagree here.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

tector wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:11 am The answer seems obvious, unless you have reached the point of "let it all go to shit, and then we will rebuild out of the ashes."
And that has worked well when? Except in the case of Japan and Germany post 1945.... :lol:
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Gun owners have been shooting themselves in the head for decades. One of laziest groups of people on the planet. Love to bitch and moan after the fact like a bunch teenage girls.

Yea Scotts a turd. But Nelson is a malignant disease. The only way to deal with such is to cut it out.

The internet commandos who's wish is for civil war to break out are fantasy halo players who'd cry the first time someone actually shot at them. They've never experienced in real life fighting in a country where civil, ethnic wars and cleansing is going on. Have no idea of the horror involved.

The founding fathers gave all of us plenty of warning in the way the country was set up and their individual writings if the mentally challenged would take time to read them.

Not voting is not the answer. Its a temper tantrum on par with a kid in a sand box when some other kid takes their toy. Tector was right. The time to ditch Scott was primary. If all you son a bitch complainers would have got together and ran someone against Scott, even if you lost, you would be able to complain. But none of you non voters did a f'n thing.

What a bunch of turd sandwiches.
tector

Post by tector »

At this point, for me, it is--in every Senate race nationwide-- the question: Do you want a Senate controlled by Democrats or not? Because of the Supreme Court, I have to think that way.
chester field

Post by chester field »

tector wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:10 am At this point, for me, it is--in every Senate race nationwide-- the question: Do you want a Senate controlled by Democrats or not? Because of the Supreme Court, I have to think that way.
We all should be thinking this way. We could be having one more seat on the bench coming open before 2020.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power