FL voter registration trends

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

FL voter registration trends

Post by tector »

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Registered Democrats = 4,944,867
Registered Republicans = 4,681,598

BUT, here's the key: No Party Affiliation = 3,549,094
tector

Post by tector »

Odessaman wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:03 pm Registered Democrats = 4,944,867
Registered Republicans = 4,681,598

BUT, here's the key: No Party Affiliation = 3,549,094
Yes, that number has been ballooning.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

I'd like to think folks who register "no party affiliation" would favor us at least a bit, being that they are presumably objective and analytical (at least they fancy themselves as such) and don't blindly follow any particular platform. If logic and reason drives the vote, it favors us - if emotion drives it, look out.
MARK

Post by MARK »

Odessaman wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:50 pm I'd like to think folks who register "no party affiliation" would favor us at least a bit, being that they are presumably objective and analytical (at least they fancy themselves as such) and don't blindly follow any particular platform. If logic and reason drives the vote, it favors us - if emotion drives it, look out.
I'm NPA and I definitely favor the REP platform. Like many others, I seem to vote against a candidate more than I vote for one.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

The big disadvantage of NPA is that you pass up a primary shot at the candidates.
tector

Post by tector »

jjk308 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:36 am The big disadvantage of NPA is that you pass up a primary shot at the candidates.
It is no big deal to change your party affiliation online. I did right after the primary, from REP to NPA.

I have been either REP or NPA forever, but, briefly in 2008, I was DEM. If you recall, the Dems were not going to count the very early FL presidential primary and had announced so in advance. I voted REP in the primary so I didn't care. But after Hillary v. Obama became a contest, there was talk of redoing the Dem FL primary, so I quickly change from REP to DEM to I could vote strategically. But that redone primary never happened.

Now, in 2020, I could see briefly switching to DEM to vote in that primary. Assuming Trump runs and is OK otherwise, he will will trounce any challengers. There are no statewide races of note (we are having those now). My Congressional seat and state rep seats are going DEM regardless of which REP runs against them (I don't even have a REP to vote for for Congress this year--I wrote in Brett Kavanaugh). So the only thing of interest (before the general election) will be the DEM presidential primary. I will probably choose to vote strategically there--choose the most unelectable nut. So in 2020 I expect to be a "DEM" for like a month.
joker223

Post by joker223 »

tector wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 am
jjk308 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:36 am The big disadvantage of NPA is that you pass up a primary shot at the candidates.
It is no big deal to change your party affiliation online. I did right after the primary, from REP to NPA.

I have been either REP or NPA forever, but, briefly in 2008, I was DEM. If you recall, the Dems were not going to count the very early FL presidential primary and had announced so in advance. I voted REP in the primary so I didn't care. But after Hillary v. Obama became a contest, there was talk of redoing the Dem FL primary, so I quickly change from REP to DEM to I could vote strategically. But that redone primary never happened.

Now, in 2020, I could see briefly switching to DEM to vote in that primary. Assuming Trump runs and is OK otherwise, he will will trounce any challengers. There are no statewide races of note (we are having those now). My Congressional seat and state rep seats are going DEM regardless of which REP runs against them (I don't even have a REP to vote for for Congress this year--I wrote in Brett Kavanaugh). So the only thing of interest (before the general election) will be the DEM presidential primary. I will probably choose to vote strategically there--choose the most unelectable nut. So in 2020 I expect to be a "DEM" for like a month.
Well done! :D
chester field

Post by chester field »

We are looking at 13.3 million registered voters in FL, but a predicted turnout of only 51.8%.
That is ridiculous that we even consider that anything other than embarrassingly low turnout.

13.3 registered is still only about 75% of otherwise eligible (including non-registered) voters.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

chester field wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:32 pm We are looking at 13.3 million registered voters in FL, but a predicted turnout of only 51.8%.
That is ridiculous that we even consider that anything other than embarrassingly low turnout.

13.3 registered is still only about 75% of otherwise eligible (including non-registered) voters.
... and non-voters will be the ones who complain the most!
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell