Attack on pre-emption moves forward

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Attack on pre-emption moves forward

Post by tector »

http://sunshinestatenews.com/story/judg ... es-gun-law

In plain English, this means it is very likely the pre-emption statute will be going in front of the Florida Supreme Court within the next couple of years or so.

That would be the Florida Supreme Court which will have 3 of its 7 members appointed by the new governor in January.

Concerned yet?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I am terrified. I see Kriseman going total retard banning everything in sight. Mayor and CLEO are more anti-gun than Sheriff Bob. And that is saying a lot.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's the whole objective: there will be different laws every county or city line. I remember a number of years ago there was a change in speed limit on I-75 at the Charlotte/Sarasota line. The police were waiting at the roadside to "harvest". (not cop-bashing, just simple facts, make of them what you will) I see the same thing happening with gun laws if each jurisdiction can make their own. If they can't win in the legislature or the voting booth, the antis simply will make carry impractical to the point of impossible.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
chester field

Post by chester field »

Yeah, imagine driving across counties like Pinellas or Broward with a new city limit every 275 feet. This home rule is so bad on so many levels. Gun laws will only be the thin edge of the wedge (bad enough), then the rest of society will unravel.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

If you read over at arfcom, there are threads where most are voting democrat in Florida.

They don't get it. A good bunch of Florida gun owners are too poor and stupid to care and just want handouts
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Chigger wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:43 pm If you read over at arfcom, there are threads where most are voting democrat in Florida.

They don't get it. A good bunch of Florida gun owners are too poor and stupid to care and just want handouts
Anybody who has anything needs to vote against Gillum. He used to talk about a "broad based tax" but, I think his campaign advisors told him to keep it under wraps. Florida will have an income tax so he and his cohorts will have more to throw around to the hunter-gatherers.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Arfcom has been infratrated by left wing liberals in the last few years. Claiming to be progun yet voting DEM. and bashing REP. They get ripped apart. There is a watch list they are put on and they are dealt with if they are found out. But they just come back under a new name.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Brickrider

Post by Brickrider »

Today I read in the local mullet wrapper that Monroe County is joining Miami-Dade and Broward counties in the lawsuit challenging Florida's preemption law regarding firearms. First, I am praying they lose. Second, I will keep this in mind come the next election.

Background. A couple of years some nitwit set up a gun range in his backyard in a crowded development on Big Pine Key and proceeded to blast away a couple of times a week. His neighbors were upset, but there was nothing the county could do about it. The state legislature took action and placed restrictions based on housing density. A local gun range even offered to let him come shoot at their indoor range free of charge (they recognized bad publicity when the seen it). Now the county commission wants to take it further. If they win I can imagine a new gun free zones, restrictions on magazine capacity, restrictions on types of firearms, storage requirements, and whatever else they can come up with.
JBubba57

Post by JBubba57 »

Fortunately, the new governor is at least conservative in name. Not so sure about the Lt. Gov.
So I hope any new judge appointments will thus at least be pro-2A in interpretation of the Florida law.
Better for sure than it would have been with Gollum!
Member since early Obama regime
HK, Ruger, Browning fan
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Time will tell if DeSantis has a spine,
Truthfully all we ever see is a windsock when it comes to GOP politicians.