Good place to sell a dirt-bike

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Good place to sell a dirt-bike

Post by armedpolak »

I decided to sell my 2017 Yamaha WR250F. Can you please recommend a good online website to sell it?
I have posted it on Craig's List 2 days ago and am sick and tired of all the scammers :(

Here's the AD if anyone is interested: https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/d/ ... 81969.html

Thanks!
AP
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

Cycle Trader.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Skeezix wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:15 pmCycle Trader.
Thank You

I purchased the best listing option for $49, here it is: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/5021113311
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

They seem to get the most traffic.
Good luck.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Skeezix wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:27 pm They seem to get the most traffic.
Good luck.
yea, especially from scammers LOL
some people man, go straight to price negotiation then ask if you'll take a check and moving company will pick up the bike, despite what the AD says about such crap. I'm loosing hope for humanity :(
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Also watch out for test rides...they go and don't come back. Had a dude a couple years ago have someone ride off on his bike, and the title was under the seat. Oh, and he had no idea of the VIN, so it couldn't even be entered as stolen. His ignorance literally cost him a dirt bike.
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

I sold mine off craigslist. Just ignored the spam like selling on FGT until a cash buyer emerged.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

It's easy to sort through the scammers and time wasters if you tell them to write something in the reply subject specifically, like "whiskey". It really mostly cuts down on the time wasters, because for some reason they can't follow directions. I never list my phone number, and only take phone calls when they pass this simple IQ test.
George W

Post by George W »

Wakko wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:22 am Also watch out for test rides...they go and don't come back. Had a dude a couple years ago have someone ride off on his bike, and the title was under the seat. Oh, and he had no idea of the VIN, so it couldn't even be entered as stolen. His ignorance literally cost him a dirt bike.
I've sold a dozen or bikes via online forums. It's always cash in hand before test rides or even unloading from the truck/trailer. Some get pissy about it, but most understand.
t_bare

Post by t_bare »

Facebook market place is good but be ready for the "master negotiators." With the WR250 they will come out of the woodwork.

t_bare