FL Democrats Targeting Preemption, Stand Your Ground and Concealed Carry

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

FL Democrats Targeting Preemption, Stand Your Ground and Concealed Carry

Post by Miami_JBT »

TTAG Article

The Democrat candidate for Florida Agriculture Commissioner, Nikki Fried, is no friend of Florida gun owners. As we reported in our Florida primary election article, Fried backs ever more gun control restrictions and wants to make concealed weapon permits in particular much harder to get. She also supports removing the state's preemption law in favor of allowing cities to pass their own patchwork of gun control laws across the state.

In a video she released this week, Fried openly states that her goal is to make it much harder for Floridians to exercise their Second Amendment rights. And she apparently thinks she's running against the NRA rather than her GOP challenger, Matt Caldwell.

Twitter Video Link

[tweet][/tweet]
I have a message for the @NRA:

Your control over concealed weapons permits is finished.

As Commissioner of Agriculture, I won't be beholden to youbut to the people of Florida. pic.twitter.com/zxIM60Hqfn

Nikki Fried (@nikkifried) October 1, 2018
Oh, and Fried told the Tampa Bay Times that as a gun owner herself, her stance is totally non-partisan.

Employees of the Department will work for the people of Florida. Neither the Department, nor its employees will carry out the interests of the NRA, or any outside group that seeks to unduly influence the rules that apply to them. For the past eight years the NRA has run Florida's Department of Agriculture. That ends on Nov. 6. Tallahassee politicians have forgotten who they work for. This year, that's going to change.

Fried, in conjunction with Andrew Gillum (Democrat candidate for Governor) and Sean Shaw (Democrat candidate for Attorney General) are pushing the gun control trifecta: the elimination of stand your ground protections, banning "assault seapons" and targeting concealed weapons permits.

Just last week Gillum visited Broward County (Parkland) and attacked Florida's concealed weapons permit system too. And he just happens to be running even with Ron DeSantis in the polls at the moment.

[youtube]cikFSlT-tMI[/youtube]

Additionally, he states on his campaign website that he has

...led the charge for more common sense gun safety policies including a ban on assault weapons, large capacity magazines, and bump stocks; strengthening and requiring universal background checks for all gun sales; closing private sale loopholes; restricting gun access for the mentally ill and known foreign and domestic terrorists; closing the "Boyfriend Loophole" and prohibiting gun possession for those with felony and misdemeanor domestic violence and stalking convictions; and banning the purchase and possession of armor piercing bullets.

Shaw recently told the Miami Herald that

He would use his office as a "bully pulpit" to repeal the Stand Your Ground law.

And back in August he told the Capitol News Services that

"My goal is eradicating the type of violence that resulted in the lives of Floridians being cut too short at places such as the Pulse Night Club, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the Clearwater convenience store," said Shaw.

In other words, as a famous politician and dedicated foe of civilian gun ownership once said, elections have consequences.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

I mentioned pre-emption the other day. That is the HUGE issue many people don't consider. It would allow a death by a 1,000 cuts.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I am just so sick and tired of these attacks by these idiots against our rights. This crap is getting old and fast.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS