I swear to Christ if the GOP blows this Supreme Court nomination...

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
mikem

Post by mikem »

tector wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 pm Let's be clear: this is the Stalingrad of the war on white, straight, Christian men (and I say this as a non-Christian). The only question is who wins.

so close today. hopefully the fbi will clear kavanaugh this week and he'll be confirmed.

eta: though i expect either he'll withdraw under the incredible scrutiny he will be under or maybe as evidence against him mounts, Trump will cut bait and move on. :x
please lock/delete this account.
tector

Post by tector »

Oh, look--our troll is back. My lucky day to deal with complete douchebags on FSN.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
mikem

Post by mikem »

tector wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:35 pm Oh, look--our troll is back. My lucky day to deal with complete douchebags on FSN.
i'm genuinely not a troll. i may have opposing views from time but i've never engaged in what anyone would call trolling.

i've always tried to maturely and sincerely discuss issues here. i'd love to hear more about how this is, "the Stalingrad of the war on white, straight, Christian men..."

we talk about fairness but i think about how we (conservatives) behaved when obama wanted to bring merrick garland before the confirmation committee. if you want to talk about stalingrad against white christian males, consider how many times you guys called obama nigger publicly here and almost certainly in private etc. if the shifting demographics of the US makes you anxious then you're probably a douchebag. if you're more concerned with preserving white christian male power in the US than having an honest and law abiding supreme court judge, then you're probably a douchebag.

can any of you sincerely say that you think kavanaugh was being truthful? if you don't think he was being truthful, do you really want a liar and assaulter on your surpreme court?
rug357

Post by rug357 »

mikem wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:57 pm can any of you sincerely say that you think kavanaugh was being truthful?
Yes, I can! I fully believe Kavanaugh was being 100% truthful on the stand yesterday.
On the other hand I fully belive Ford was lying yesterday on the stand. I did not believe one word she said.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

mikem wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:57 pm can any of you sincerely say that you think kavanaugh was being truthful?
Seriously? You believe the man is not telling the truth?

What possible information, also known as FACTS, can you use to even think about something like that?

This is the worst case of character assassination that I've seen in my lifetime and the left isn't even giving it a second thought.

Their only concern is to stop Trump. Period. Doesn't matter what carnage is included along the way, they must stop Trump.

What a way to go through life.

Oh, and to answer the question, YES, I believe Judge Kavanaugh 100%. His history and life prove it beyond any doubt.

AD
mikem

Post by mikem »

rug357 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:33 pm
Yes, I can! I fully believe Kavanaugh was being 100% truthful on the stand yesterday.
On the other hand I fully belive Ford was lying yesterday on the stand. I did not believe one word she said.
So...

* Three accusers: DOCTOR Christine Blasey Ford who is willing to submit to an FBI inquiry, Julie Swetnick who's held government positions and has government clearance, and Debora Ramierz who also went to Yale. These are all accomplished women who have more to lose than to gain from this.
* Dr. Ford's account is detailed in a way that requires her to be a VERY skilled liar, be the victim of incredible coincidence, or... more likey, her account is truthful.
* People from Kavanaugh's past attest to the fact that Ford's account is in line with his behavior; including that he was a "sloppy" drunk.
* Kavanaugh's own weak denial. His response to the accusations never really address the actions he's accused of; it amounts to: "Look at this calendar that I keep because my father modeled this behavior! There's no sexual assault on it! I'm friends with and even helped tons of women -- see, there are some women I haven't assaulted! Yes, I drank a lot of beers, like everyone else!" This is a classic information overload that liars give when confronted. He did deny his actions a couple of times but consider what YOUR response would be. Why is he so angry or tearful if there isn't any truth to it? I would expect someone falsely accused to be a little indignant but composed, succinct, and open. I'd expect someone who was truly innocent to call for further investigation to clear his name.

I could actually forgive a childhood indiscretion. I think the real test here is how he handles his mistakes. What if he said, "you know -- I've made mistakes and I'm truly sorry and I've tried to live a life that is true to my nature -- that is kind and respectful to women etc..." A sincere, contrite response I think would have gotten him a fast track to the bench.

Yes, I understand the media ran with a few wild stories but none of them are really substantive and therefore none are at the heart of the debate. So those are red herrings.
Last edited by mikem on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikem

Post by mikem »

ADulay wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:14 pm Their only concern is to stop Trump. Period. Doesn't matter what carnage is included along the way, they must stop Trump.

I'm not saying it is right and I'm not saying it is even true that they're doing whatever they can to thwart Trump. I do think that old 80's PSA rings true though; when the parent confronts their kid about drugs like, "WHERE DID YOU LEARN THIS!?"

"I learned it from you..."
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
mikem

Post by mikem »

and to be clear, i really hope kavanaugh will not be confirmed. yes, I guess I was being a little trolly earlier. fuck trump and his agenda -- including any of his supreme court pics. particularly after obama was denied the opportunity to pick a justice. if you're genuinely concerned with respecting the office of the president and respecting the legislative process, then i hope you can see the reasoning in this. if you were happy that he was denied a chance to choose someone BUT unhappy about the way the kavanaugh confirmation is proceeding, then you have no self awareness.

my money is on him dropping out this week as more details emerge. this would be a fine end to a shitty supreme court pick by a shitty president presiding over a shitty administration.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Skoll wrote:Image
Exactly this...bread and circuses.
This crap will set precedence for every damn future SC nomination no matter which side is presenting.