Adam Putnam lost my vote. Also FL GOP Chair is shocked at the anger towards the Party.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Adam Putnam lost my vote. Also FL GOP Chair is shocked at the anger towards the Party.

Post by Miami_JBT »

Ron DeStantis, FL Candidate for Governor, openly supports Open/Campus Carry.

Florida Carry's legal eagle, Eric Friday met with numerous Republican Candidates for office at the Republican Party of Florida's Sunshine Summit and this is a summary of what occurred.

First and foremost is the Governor's election. Ron DeSantis is one of two Republican candidates for Governor.

DeSantis Supports Open Carry and Campus Carry. Florida Carry did not ask the question, but DeSantis specifically mentioned he supports Constitutional Carry. On Parkland, DeSantis stated he was against SB 7026 and would have voted no or vetoed it if he were a member of the Florida Legislature or Governor. Lastly, DeSantis stated would appoint strict Constitutionalist Judges to the Florida Supreme Court.

Apparently, this news has reach the Florida Democratic Party and they aren't happy. Neither is the Tampa Bay Times.

Frank White approached Florida Carry during a legal seminar before they approached him. Florida Carry states that White is "Not a Bondi Clone". When asked about SB 7026, White stated he would have consented to the NRA Plaintiff remaining anonymous in the NRA's suit against SB 7026 (AG Pam Bondi filed to remove anonymity from the juvenile plaintiffs). Also White is against Attorney General Pam Bondi's overuse of legal procedure to fight lawsuits seeking to affirm constitutional rights (Norman v. Florida). White said he'd go after violations of F.S. 790.251 Parking Lot Carry. The law that lets employees keep firearms in their cars even if the employer bans guns on the property. The House of Mouse (Disney) is a big time violator of this law. AG Bondi has not gone after violators.

Lastly, White said as Attorney General; he'd seek investigation and prosecution of the Miami Beach Officers that violated the Civil Rights of Floridians in Miami Beach. (To read about, look here, here, and here.)

Blaise Ingoglia is the Republican Party of Florida Chair. He reached out to Florida Carry. Eric Friday puts it best during their conversation;

As we were walking and ending the conversation, we mentioned that gun owners were EXTREMELY upset with the legislature over SB 7026 and their performance on 2A issues in recent years. He waved it off stating "Yes, we know". We then said, "No, we don't think you dothey're mad to the point of staying home in November." He literally stopped and was taken aback.

We related that is the attitude of much of the membership based on the passage of SB 7026 and extreme frustration with the Republican party on not advancing good and meaningful legislation. Having an (R) next to your name is no longer a guaranteed vote.

There were a number of high ranking Republicans that refused to meet with Florida Carry.

According to Florida Carry;

"Commissioner Putnam initially declined to meet, then finally agreed to have a staffer meet with us. Numerous texts were exchanged attempting to schedule a meeting were sent, before the staffer stopped responding."

Senator Galvano likewise did not respond to our multiple meeting requests.

We requested to meet prior to the summit on June 14. There was no response. At the summit, we again requested a brief meeting, and received an offer to meet in August. To date, the meeting has not occurred.

So the establishment decided not to meet with Florida Carry, but all the Republican outsiders that aresupported by President Trump did. Hmmmm. seems like the Florida GOP is going to be facing an uphill battle if they continue treating Floridians like this.

DeSantis has my vote.

For Putnam to push FL Carry aside like that.... disheartening.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
avmech

Post by avmech »

Good to know, thank you. Changing to DeSantis and White for tomorrow.......
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Fuck, I really liked Putnam too.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Talk is cheap. Putnam has done a lot more for gun owners than DeSantis, who has been a ZERO.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

In my personal interactions with Putnam at the Capitol, he has not publicly voiced support during legislative sessions for pro gun bills.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

jjk308 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:58 am Talk is cheap. Putnam has done a lot more for gun owners than DeSantis, who has been a ZERO.
Well, tough shit--Putnam lost. Sack up old man.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Looks like that fucker Mast is going to stay, too.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
avmech

Post by avmech »

Skoll wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:30 pm Looks like that fucker Mast is going to stay, too.
Yea, fuck fuck fuck, he needs to be flushed down the toilet
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger »

I hear Putnam is a pawn for "Big Sugar"
glad he lost.
http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politic ... big-sugar/
No anchovies?
You've got the wrong man, I spell my name Danger

To anger a conservative, lie to him - to anger a liberal, tell him the truth" Teddy R
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

What politicians down here aren't being paid by Big Sugar in some way?