Florida’s Primary Election and Gun Control Supporting Republicans

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Florida’s Primary Election and Gun Control Supporting Republicans

Post by Miami_JBT »

Tomorrow (August 28, 2018) is the Primary Elections in Florida.

This past Legislative Session, the majority of the Florida Republican Party sided with gun grabbers and pushed SB 7026 through. It stripped all Floridians between eighteen to twenty one years of age of their Second Amendment Rights. It imposed a mandatory waiting period on long gun purchases, and it will outlaw any "rate increasing devices" come October 1st.

The majority of those that voted in favor of this bill are term limited out. But not all of them are. Some are running to keep their seats.

House District 50 (Oralndo Area) Rene Plasencia (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by George Collins in the Primary. During his 2014 campaign, he praised Governor Rick Scott on "gun rights, economics, taxes, and pro-growth strategies". Yup, he praised gun rights alright; he betrayed Floridians and stripped them of their rights.

House District 52 (Melbourne Area) Thad Altman (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by Matt Nye in the Primary. Originally a member of the Brevard County Commission, Altman has been a career politician all his life. Jumping from public office to public office since 1984. He's been a member of the Florida House, then the Florida Senate, and went back to the Florida House again when he was term limited in the Senate. Altman voted in support of gun control in 2013 and claimed that the NRA still supported him. And guess what, he voted in support of gun control in 2018 too.

House District 116 (Doral/Miami Area) Daniel Perez (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by Frank Polo in the Primary. A new comer to the Florida House, Perez won a special election for the seat on September 26, 2017. and one of his first acts was voting for gun control.

Senate District 4 (Jacksonville Area) Aaron Bean (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by Carlos Slay in the Primary. Another career politician, Bean has been in office since 2000. First starting in the Florida House and then jumping over to the Senate in 2012. Running on a strong Anti-Illegal Immigration platform. He stated, "I know it feels good giving benefits away. We are giving so many benefits to non-citizensdoes it matter even being an American citizen anymore?" I guess it must feel good for him to strip the Second Amendment rights of Floridians.

Remember these names when you go to the polls tomorrow.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Unfortunately, both my turncoats are running unopposed in the primary. Serious looking at voting democrat in the general election for state offices.

Jeff
avmech

Post by avmech »

Negron is my sen. He is stepping down, a very good thing. Met with Gayle Harrell, studied Belinda Keiser, going with Harrell. My conversation with her was about guns............
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

I simply WILL NOT vote for any candidate for any office who voted in favor of SB 7026. That's from Rick Scott on down.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Sen. Jeff Brandes the republican voted for and Rep. Ben Diamond the democrat voted against because it DID NOT go far enough. St. Pete/Pinellas is screwed.
:evil: :twisted:
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

Altman is a turncoat also. Voted no twice then yes third time around. He won't be getting my vote.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

So, my state senator (Bobby Powell), a DEMOCRAT, voted NO on the Florida gun control law.

While my state representative (Rick Roth), a REPUBLICAN, voted YES on the unconstitutional law. As did my Republican U.S. representative, Brian Mast.

What is happening to my world?
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

As of 10pm tonight (and with 99% of the vote reported):

1) Ron DeSantis beat Adam Putnam 56.6% to 36.5% and is the projected winner.

2) Rick Scott trounced his repuiblican opponent 88.6% to 11.4%

3) Dem. Gov. candidate Andrew Gillum (Mayor of Tallahassee) defeated Gwen Graham 34.2% to 31.4%

This should prove interesting, then. Can DeSantis beat Gillum?

We shall see.

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:23 pm This should prove interesting, then. Can DeSantis beat Gillum?

We shall see.

Better hope so. All the Dems are the same flavor of gun grabber.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."