Florida will go Democrat... Demographics don't lie

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

jjk308 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 pm Forgot to add: Democrats are now urban critters. They herd together so they get huge majorities in the city centers and are outnumbered everywhere else. This gives Republicans a majority in legislative elections, except the US Senate and the only ones Dems even have a chance to win are state wide majority vote wins ones. But their falling registration and poor turnout hurts that.

Thanks to a spectacularly bad lineup this year for the Democrats after the primaries I'm predicting a Republican sweep of all but the bluest districts of Florida.

But only IF we all support, without reservation, the better RKBA candidates even if not perfect - no carping about deviations from true believer.
Confucius: "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
But, we found out with Scotts gun ban crap. If the flaw is fatal, then Rep and Dem become a difference without a distinction.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Here's my two cents : We're stuck voting for Repubs and RINOs until a viable third party happens. When that happens, who fuckin knows?

However the alternative is worse.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
TampaMark

Post by TampaMark »

The cool thing about being a purple state with a red tint is how powerful our votes become. The blue states are blue and the red states are red, that makes Florida hotly contested state where just a couple thousand votes one way or the other can swing an entire election. Truly missing an election can affect the entire country for 4 years.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Skoll wrote:Here's my two cents : We're stuck voting for Repubs and RINOs until a viable third party happens. When that happens, who fuckin knows?

The Libertarian Party is a political party in the United States that promotes civil liberties, non-interventionism, laissez-faire capitalism and shrinking the size and scope of government.
Not left, not right, just free.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Out of curiosity though;

Wouldn't a conservative voting for an independant party just help the left? I would think if more people who typically vote republican start voting Libertarian or whatever it would just help elect more democrats? If the conservative base that typically voted for republicans went elsewhere, I don't see how it would help anything.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

dammitgriff wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:31 am
Skoll wrote:Here's my two cents : We're stuck voting for Repubs and RINOs until a viable third party happens. When that happens, who fuckin knows?

The Libertarian Party is a political party in the United States that promotes civil liberties, non-interventionism, laissez-faire capitalism and shrinking the size and scope of government.
And open borders, non controlled mass immigration from the Third World, and is the party of dopers.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

You guys better believe that Demographic Shifting is real.

With the mass migration of Boricua to FL, it is very much a possibility that Gillum can win. Both 2014 and 2008 for Scott were 1% leads. Trump only won FL by 2%.

36 counties were sued to provide bilingual ballots for the new Boricua residents. The Governor of Puerto Rico had directed FL's Boricua to go out and vote Democrat as payback to Republicans for blocking more money to be squandered in PR.

Reynolds v. Sims destroyed the theory of a GOP holding a State Legislature even if the Leftists only congregate in a few urban areas.

Reynolds v. Sims, 377 U.S. 533 (1964), was a United States Supreme Court case that ruled that unlike in the election of the United States Senate, in the election of any chamber of a state legislature the electoral districts must be roughly equal in population.

As more and more Urbanite Leftists stack themselves up in places like Miami, Tampa, Orlando, etc... they get more and more seats in the Legislature due to census based redistricting. Eventually, they will have more districts then Conservative ares due to simple numbers alone.

Look at Illinois and the Chicagoland area. The majority of the state is sparsely populated rural areas and that makes the state appear solid Conservative. Yet the majority of the population of the state lives in the Chicagoland metro area and are majority Leftist.

Right now, the Democrats might only win statewide offices due to the numbers at the current moment. But as censuses and demographic shifting occurs in the long run, through redistricting, they will gain majority control of the legislative bodies.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Skoll wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:30 am Here's my two cents : We're stuck voting for Repubs and RINOs until a viable third party happens. When that happens, who fuckin knows?

Yep, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and what is coming does not include KY jelly.
In the end though, as hard as it seems, it appears only a massive amount of hurt will either produce a decent political party, or force the current ones to act even semi-Constitutional.
It is just that no one wants to suffer the pain. What would have been a little pain 50 years ago, is no so massive, there seems to be no hope correction.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Miami_JBT wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:31 am

And open borders, non controlled mass immigration from the Third World, and is the party of dopers.
You’re grossly misinformed about the Libertarian party’s political ideology, and I’m not surprised. I don’t agree with them 100%, just as conservatives don’t agree with the R’s 100%, but given the choice I’ll take the Libertarians over the freedom-crushing, warfare/welfare state D & R neoliberals/neoconservatives every day of the year.
Those two parties have killed freedom and prosperity in the “United” States (lmao) since at least 1860 and yet Boobus Americanus still beg for more of the same, then stand around and point fingers when things get worse.
Good luck with that, I’m done supporting the status quo. If America is ever going to be great again it needs to go in a new direction, and nobody in D.C. has a clue.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

NorincoKid wrote:Out of curiosity though;

Wouldn't a conservative voting for an independant party just help the left? I would think if more people who typically vote republican start voting Libertarian or whatever it would just help elect more democrats? If the conservative base that typically voted for republicans went elsewhere, I don't see how it would help anything.
This is true for the short term, very true.
But third/fourth party political factions are imminent in the U.S.—and trust me, compared to the “green” party ‘watermelons’ (green on the outside, red on the inside), the libertarian party is the party of freedom and individual liberty.
For me, it’s all about the money—namely, how to find a path to prosperity. And you can’t have prosperity without peace and sound fiscal policy, which pretty much eliminates both current parties in D.C.