Florida will go Democrat... Demographics don't lie

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Sometimes you can only treat the symptoms, you have to wait until you have the cure in hand before you treat and rid ourselves of the disease.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:14 pm Voting Republican is like treating the symptoms instead of the disease...only good for the short term.
As opposed to doing what exactly?

Bout all one can do is vote. Letters, phone calls, petitions etc don't do shit.

What should one do (now) to treat the "disease"?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

jjk308 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 pm Forgot to add: Democrats are now urban critters. They herd together so they get huge majorities in the city centers and are outnumbered everywhere else. This gives Republicans a majority in legislative elections, except the US Senate and the only ones Dems even have a chance to win are state wide majority vote wins ones. But their falling registration and poor turnout hurts that.

Thanks to a spectacularly bad lineup this year for the Democrats after the primaries I'm predicting a Republican sweep of all but the bluest districts of Florida.

But only IF we all support, without reservation, the better RKBA candidates even if not perfect - no carping about deviations from true believer.
Confucius: "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
Almost as if we should implement a state "Electoral College" for state officials, actio0ns, etc. I wish we could!
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:14 pm Voting Republican is like treating the symptoms instead of the disease...only good for the short term.
So you suggesting stay home or vote democrat?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

NorincoKid wrote:

All we’ve done is vote since the American Revolution. Here we stand today, living with the results of a couple of hundred years’ worth of voting. It hasn’t worked. Our liberties are on life support. There is no “right candidate” for the job.
The Second Amendment was written to ensure we don’t succumb to government tyranny. It may have to come to that before this is all over...it’s not like there is no precedent in our history for armed revolt against overreaching government.
Voting is a waste of time, given the results we are living with today.
Last edited by dammitgriff on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Ger42 wrote:
So you suggesting stay home or vote democrat?
“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”―Edward Abbey, American author.
That includes government at all levels, by the way.
https://www.rutherford.org/publications ... 11_america
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

jjk308 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 pm Forgot to add: Democrats are now urban critters. They herd together so they get huge majorities in the city centers and are outnumbered everywhere else. This gives Republicans a majority in legislative elections, except the US Senate and the only ones Dems even have a chance to win are state wide majority vote wins ones. But their falling registration and poor turnout hurts that.

Thanks to a spectacularly bad lineup this year for the Democrats after the primaries I'm predicting a Republican sweep of all but the bluest districts of Florida.

But only IF we all support, without reservation, the better RKBA candidates even if not perfect - no carping about deviations from true believer.
Reynolds v. Sims destroyed your theory of a GOP holding a State Legislature even if the Leftists only congregate in a few urban areas.

Reynolds v. Sims, 377 U.S. 533 (1964), was a United States Supreme Court case that ruled that unlike in the election of the United States Senate, in the election of any chamber of a state legislature the electoral districts must be roughly equal in population.

As more and more Urbanite Leftists stack themselves up in places like Miami, Tampa, Orlando, etc... they get more and more seats in the Legislature due to census based redistricting. Eventually, they will have more districts then Conservative ares due to simple numbers alone.

Look at Illinois and the Chicagoland area. The majority of the state is sparsely populated rural areas and that makes the state appear solid Conservative. Yet the majority of the population of the state lives in the Chicagoland metro area and are majority Leftist.

Right now, the Democrats might only win statewide offices due to the numbers at the current moment. But as censuses and demographic shifting occurs in the long run, through redistricting, they will gain majority control of the legislative bodies.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:36 am

Almost as if we should implement a state "Electoral College" for state officials, actio0ns, etc. I wish we could!
The States once had such a system. It was called a bicameral legislature. The House was made of representatives of the people and the Senate represented the counties. The rural Conservative counties had a greater say since there were and are more of them. With Reynolds v Sims, that changed.

The Courts ruled that the Senate must be equal in distribution for representation as is the House. Thus, the system in place was abolished much like how the 17th Amendment made it to where Federal Senators became directly voted by the people and not by the State Legislatures.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

dammitgriff wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am
NorincoKid wrote:

All we’ve done is vote since the American Revolution. Here we stand today, living with the results of a couple of hundred years’ worth of voting. It hasn’t worked. Our liberties are on life support. There is no “right candidate” for the job.
The Second Amendment was written to ensure we don’t succumb to government tyranny. It may have to come to that before this is all over...it’s not like there is no precedent in our history for armed revolt against overreaching government.
There have been rebellions and uprisings since the founding of this nation. Even before a decade passed. We had Shay's Rebellion and the Whiskey Rebellion.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Miami_JBT wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am
NorincoKid wrote:

There have been rebellions and uprisings since the founding of this nation. Even before a decade passed. We had Shay's Rebellion and the Whiskey Rebellion.
I foresee more of that in this new century in America. We need smaller government and a decentralized economy and we need it as soon as possible if we want to retain what little freedoms we have left.
The first step, as this thread points out, is to take control of our local and state governments to bring them in line with taxpayers via the electoral process. As Whitehead pointed out in the article I referenced, all other options must precede and be exhausted prior to a call to arms.
I’m arguing the citizenry needs to prepare for that ASAP, not at some ambiguous time in the future. Otherwise, all the fawning over our neat-o firearm collections is nothing more than fluff and status-signaling.