Florida will go Democrat... Demographics don't lie

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Look at how small the Democrat held precincts are. Yet that is where the majority of the population lives. The Republican controlled ones are majority rural.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

Same when they show the US. A lot of red sand, rocks and trees.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Look at how small the Democrat held precincts are. Yet that is where the majority of the population lives. The Republican controlled ones are majority rural.
Which is why I say, we need a state version of the "Electoral College."
tector

Post by tector »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:35 pm
Miami_JBT wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Which is why I say, we need a state version of the "Electoral College."
Well, whatever that means would take a 60% vote of the people, so good luck with that. Too late.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Those maps are the reason why Florida will always have a Republican legislature, which limits the damage a Democratic governor can do. Liberals are an urban phenomena. They flock together.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

jjk308 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 am Those maps are the reason why Florida will always have a Republican legislature, which limits the damage a Democratic governor can do. Liberals are an urban phenomena. They flock together.
Wrong....

Legislative Redistricting when census is conduct strips seats from the Republicans over the years. We only have so many seats in the House and Senate. The rural Conservative areas shrink in population as the urban Liberal ones grow. When the census is conducted and the state has to redistribute those precincts to match the population due to SCOTUS ruling in Reynolds v. Sims (State legislative districts must have roughly equal populations based on the principle of one person-one vote.)

Look at California and Illinois. Their legislative bodies are predominantly Democrat and yet they have wide areas that are Republican. But those areas are vacant. Trees, dirt, crops, cows, and rocks don't vote.

People do.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

But people vote in winner take all districts. That means the Democrats need about a 7% advantage to break even in state legislatures and the US House.
Ditto the Electoral College, or have you forgotten how Trump won?
chester field

Post by chester field »

The NRA isn't helping things in their latest chicken little cash grab either. Their opposition to Amendment 13, which was sponsored by Republicans, defended by Republicans, and sent to the Supreme Court of FL by Republicans, is trying to tell anyone stupid enough to believe it that hunting dogs and pets are in danger -so send them money to defend your dogs. As a dog loving Republican who actually read the amendment and the supreme court ruling, and a hunter, and a multi-dog owner (like many of us here), I can only ask myself how stupid does Marion Hammer and co think we are?

For non-NRA members, much of the reaction I am seeing in the dog adoption groups that I work with and the general public at large is "just another reason to vote democrat". We have enough problem with the urbanization of the population swinging the vote to the democrats without the NRA feeding the so called blue wave, by an overreaching attempt at another fear monger cash grab.

The logic of the argument for this thread is sound. Do not be surprised to see Pinellas, Lake, Seminole and a few other counties go blue this election. The last thing we need to do is give the other side a reason to get out and vote.
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
tector

Post by tector »

Hammer has been getting smoked recently. Like certain members here, she is living in the past.