Shooting in Jacksonville

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Skoll

Shooting in Jacksonville

Post by Skoll »

Right before the elections, too... This is going to turn into a media shitstorm here I think.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/26/ma ... e-say.html
A suspect is dead after a "mass shooting" on Sunday in downtown Jacksonville, Fla., at a popular area filled with bars and restaurants that resulted in multiple fatalities, police said.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said there were "multiple fatalities" from the mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing and many people were transported to the hospital.

"Multiple fatalities" reported after a mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing in Florida. (Brittney Donovan/ActionJaxNews)

"One suspect is dead at the scene, unknown at this time if we have a second suspect. Searches are being conducted," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office tweeted.

Police did not provide further information, but said they "can’t stress enough to stay away. Many blocks away."

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said on Twitter it is responding to the reported mass shooting in downtown Jacksonville.

The shooting took place in the Jacksonville Landing area, which is located along the St. Johns River and is described as an area with "a wide variety of waterfront dining options and a cozy inside shopping mall."

Several people on social media participating in the Madden NFL Championship Series reported hearing gunshots shortly after 1:30 p.m. during the livestream of the tournament on the platform Twitch. Sunday's event was held at GLHF Game Bar, which is located in Jacksonville Landing.

Kyrie Curry
@THATS_FlNE
Oh my god someone just shot up the Jacksonville madden tournament. This is unreal I hope everyone is okay. …

1:36 PM - Aug 26, 2018
669 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
A video surfaced on social media showed players disconnecting from the game as gunshots were heard in the background.

Brittney Donovan
@brittneyANjax
Just saw someone on a stretcher loaded into an ambulance at this intersection. This is near the #Jacksonville Landing where @ActionNewsJax is told there has been a shooting

1:58 PM - Aug 26, 2018
83 people are talking about this

A reporter from Fox-affiliate CBS47/FOX30, Brittney Donovan, said that at least one person was seen being loaded onto a stretcher and into an ambulance.

Madden NFL 19 is a new video game based on the NFL that’s developed and published by EA Sports.

Drini Gjoka
✔
@YoungDrini
I am literally so lucky. The bullet hit my thumb

1:41 PM - Aug 26, 2018
1,939 people are talking about this
The sheriff's office said that "many people" were found hiding in locked areas at the riverfront shopping complex.

Drini Gjoka
✔
@YoungDrini
Worst day of my life

2:01 PM - Aug 26, 2018
268 people are talking about this
"We ask you to stay calm, stay where you are hiding. SWAT is doing a methodical search inside The Landing," police said. "We will get to you. Please don’t come running out."

Drini Gjoka, who won the 2018 Madden Challenge, said on Twitter he was injured in the shooting in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The tourney just got shot up. Im leavinng [sic] and never coming back," Gjoka wrote.

"I am literally so lucky. The bullet hit my thumb," he posted. "Worst day of my life."

SK Gaming, a professional eSports organization based in Germany, said it sent a player to the event in Florida that there was a shooting at the tournament.

"There was a shooting at the Madden tournament in Jacksonville. Our player @JoelCP_ is safe. Our thoughts are with everyone that had to be part of such a horrendous event. Stay strong, stay safe," the organization tweeted.

The Jacksonville Landing hosts more than 600 events each year including Florida/Georgia Weekend Celebrations, the city's annual Christmas Tree lighting, in addition to New Year’s Eve and July 4th celebrations.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."