Special Election in FL District #38

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

Special Election in FL District #38

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Apparently, we are to have a special election in District #38 (my district) to replace Rep Randy Burgess, a RINO that voted for the Bump Stock Ban bill. The GOP "Establishment" candidate is, one, Randy Maggard. He comes heavily endorsed by the GOP Establishment which, of course, makes me very suspicious from the start. That said, among all the flyers I see for him, there are two that are "against" him. Oddly enough, they do not indicate who they want you to vote for, just to vote against Randy Maggard, because:

"He has a long history of intimidating and harassing conservative republicans, driving them out of the party..."
" Predatory business practices"
"Shutting down Pasco County's largest conservative Republican Club...."

etc. etc.

So I'm not sure who or what to believe. I'll do more resaearch on the man but if anyone here knows him or has some history with him, I'm all ears.. :D

Thanks!
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

It's no secret that voting for candidates "they" give us to choose from is a lost cause on both sides of the aisle.

The citizens need to form groups and run their own anti establishment candidates. It's work. It's hard work especially when trying to make a living and raise family, but the future of the country depends on it. The survival of the country depends on it.

One thing to check is the accusations of predatory business true. If it is, he will have the same personality in his political life.
What a person does in business and personal can't be seperated from political service.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Well, today is election day. And I'm very sorry to say I was only the 10th voter as of 11:30a this morning.

The choice was between Randy Maggard (the "establishment" candidate), and "David McCallister (challenger). There's a group out of Tallahassee called "Accountability in Government, Inc." that seems to be dead said against Mr. McCallister. I wonder who's behind that org.

Anyway, the "general" special election is June 16th. I hope we have much better turnout than we've had, so far today.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Update: Only 14.93% turnout of roughly 62k registered voters.

In district 38, 7,304 total votes cast. Of those votes,

1) Candidate Randy Maggard (GOP Establishment): 4,520 (61.88%)
2) Candidate David McCallister (challenger): 2,784 (38.12%)

To be honest, I'm amazed McCallister got that much, considering how hard the swamp machine worked to get Maggard elected.

SO it's going to be Maggard in the June 18th "general" special election. Here's hoping that McCalliser's showing is enough for Maggard to have a wake up call! :evil: