Nikki Fried starting to go after CCW permits.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Nikki Fried starting to go after CCW permits.

Post by Miami_JBT »

And it Begins, Florida CCW Permits being Suspended by Ag. Commissioner Nikki Fried.

As I predicted, Florida's. Ag. & Consumer Services Commissioner Nikki Fried (D) vowed to use her officer to enforce gun control in every way possible and I stated that she would do it through her interpretation of the laws and and how she'd abuse the regulations surrounding said laws. She has added some well known anti-gun individuals to her staff. Folks like Fred Guttenberg and Mary Barzee Flores.

A member of Florida's gun owning community that I know, who wishes to remain anonymous is facing the might of Nikki Fried's bureaucratic terrorism now and he isn't alone sadly.

He received a certified letter from the Agriculture Commissioner's office stating that his concealed weapons permit was indefinitely suspended because he had an injunction (restraining order) filed against him back in 2003. He knows he never had one filed against him and that he's clean as a whistle but still. He called the Nassau's Clerk of Courts' office and they have no records of any injunctions with his name on them. Went to the local Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services' office to explain and see if he could get this resolved.

Instead of listening and looking up the information he provided. They simply confiscated his carry permit and told him that he had to go to the Clerk of Courts' office and get a court certified letter that states that they have no record of any injunctions on him before they'll give it back. Yup, you read that right. A state agency is demanding that a citizen must prove innocence so he can exercise his Constitutional Rights.

Last I checked, we based our system on innocent until proven guilty and the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the individual in question is guilty. But in this case, that isn't the case. They are instead having him prove innocence while they automatically declare him as guilty.

This individual has been a permit holder now for twelve years. He originally applied in 2007 and renewed in 2017. Both times he was approved through the background screening process. He also is a Federal Firearms License holder to boot and passed BATFE's background in 2008.

He called the Clerk of Courts' office and they explained to him that they have no record of any injunction being filed against him. Furthermore, he was has no record or memory of being served and even if he wasn't served but an injunction was filed. There is no record of "return of service" or "return of writ" in their database. Meaning that no injunction was filed against him even if they didn't serve him.

His permit was pulled because of a campaign promise. The last Ag. Commissioner, Adam Putnam had a minor issue where 291 permits out of 1.9 million were issued to people that didn't qualify. Nikke Fried campaigned heavily on going over everyone's record with a fine tooth comb and suspending or revoking them. Never mind the fact that 291 out of 1.9 million is so small of a statistical error that I have a better chance of winning the lotto and getting struck by lightning at the same time. But it was her perfect excuse and she is using it as her reason to push gun control in any way she can from her office.

Anyways, he was able to go to the Clerk of Courts' office on March 4 and get a certified stating that there is no record of such injunction filed against him.

So he has proof in his hands to prove his innocence and he should get his permit back right? He followed their instructions and returned to the local Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services' office. Did they return his permit? No. Instead they told him this.
"Thank you for returning the required paperwork, we're going to have to send this off to Tallahassee for verification and filing. We'll send you a letter in 3-4 weeks to let you know when you can come back to pick up your permit."
So he has evidence to prove his innocence, the court where the Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services is claiming his disqualification comes from has no record whatsoever. So where did the Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services get information that he should have his permit suspended and possibly revoked? I'd surely like to know.

He said as he walked out of their office.
"On the way out I walked by a guy who was lost and looking for the CWP office, gave him directions. He looked like he had a certified letter in his hand too, poor guy."
With the fact that they're now stating it will take them three to four weeks to verify, especially in this day and age. It is ludicrous that it takes that long. We live in an age with instantaneous communication across the globe and yet the Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services is saying that they'll need three to four weeks? What, can't someone in their office pick up a phone and call the Clerk of Courts' office or even easier; look up the information from the Florida Comprehensive Case Information System? The statewide online court system database that every law enforcement agency, regulatory agency, and court system has access to in Florida? Hell, they can even access the public Clerk of Courts' database straight from Nassau County.

But they aren't. Why? Because a right delayed is a right denied. Nikki Fried is operating off the premise of regulatory stagnation. If she can turn a once smoothly driven machine into a bureaucratic nightmare by making people jump through so many hoops. She can through regulation enforce gun control while staying perfectly clear under the color of the law. Expect more of this and worse to happen.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

FL needs to get its own "We Will Not Comply" in fucking gear. New Mexico (where I am unfortunately now, moving to at the end of the year) just rammed through their SB 8 background check law despite massive resistance. Shit is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and it won't get better at all if we just sit and take it. The time is going to come when reasonable men have to do unreasonable things.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Greg

Post by Greg »

Let’s bring it to the attention of the new governor and see what he has to say bout it
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Unless one has been living under a rock, the switch to proving innocence has been upon us for quite a while now. The patriot act for one pretty much confirmed that.
Second he got the needed paperwork and turned it in and like when I fought the IRS on a bogus tax return in my name, it takes time to get the affirmative action gov't workers to put the ducks in a row and acknowledge what we the innocent already know.

Nothing more, nothing less.

The gun owners in this state got what they deserved by allowing this shit box to be elected. Cleetus T Gun owner sat home drinking, smoking weed and trying figure out how to bed his sister rather than vote.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Cleetus T Gun owner sat home drinking, smoking weed and trying figure out how to bed his sister rather than vote.
WOW! you sound just like a gun grabber, now question penis size and you'll complete the picture.

:?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

And, everyone expected?

Chigger is partly right, but it's not the complete picture. Note that the election for Ag Commissioner went to manual recount. As one might expect, votes were "misplaced" or "lost" , and new ones found. However, the same was tried for the governor's race. We can consider that people were splitting tickets - enough for deSantis, not enough votes for Caldwell - but one needs ask why. Fried's position was obvious during the campaign. Or, it's possible that the gubernatorial race was more closely watched, and the Ag. not so much, allowing more "flexibility" for the election "officials."

Some commented in another thread that there's not much she could do, "...because it's [CWL procedure] the law." I did comment that there's a lot she could do in the "administrative" side of it: speed bumps via "rules" and slow walking. Much was exhibited in this case. One thing that is sorely missed is an effective NRA/ILA presence in Florida. The OP case is an ideal case. Sue, to show how the DofAg arrived at the conclusion this person had such an injunction. What sort of investigation turned it up? Since we know it did not exist, how then did it show up? Mistake? Show it. We have incompetence or malfeasance. The slow walk is obvious but, as with any "rule book" slowdown, one can't prove much. But, any more made-up license suspensions need some hearings to reveal the source and actions. Better now than with an affirmative action governor, which almost was this time, and may be next time around.

Meanwhile, our people do need to put down their chips, get off their asses and vote. We need enough REAL votes so the demos can't manufacture enough. Don't mail-in votes unless you absolutely have to - disabled, away, etc. - as those are the easiest to disappear (as verb). I'm sure the collectivists' plan is to make our permit system like NY or CA - "need" - which can be interpreted many ways, even just simple corruption. One needs make decisions and take necessary actions beforehand, then be ready.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

P5 Guy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:09 am
Cleetus T Gun owner sat home drinking, smoking weed and trying figure out how to bed his sister rather than vote.
WOW! you sound just like a gun grabber, now question penis size and you'll complete the picture.

:?
I've instructed enough CWP students, been an NRA recruiter, instructor, range officer, friends of NRA banquet volunteer and sponsor, Annual national meeting volunteer, EVC coordinator for PB, Broward and Miami counties, talk radio cohost for 2.5 years on Constitutional and pro gun issues, VP and President of a state wide pro gun organization so I've pretty much been in touch with the every day gun owner in this state and my statement stands correct and true.

Gun grabber? Hardly.

Capt,
I have a close friend who is pro gun, pro 2nd, veteran all around good person who is high up in the PBC elections office.
While all the crap was flying around on accusations from both sides of the political aisle on lost votes, mysteriously found votes and the such I called him up and he said and to this day says it was all bullshit at least in PBC.
The fact was they were close races because gun owners just didn't think it was important enough to vote. I've been doing a verbal survey in my concealed classes very laid back about the last election. 30% of those who have answered didn't vote because either it was a midterm and they didn't think it mattered or they just plain think their votes don't count.

Pretty rare that the republicans toss nelson with a republican, keep a republican gov and other state officials yet elect a democrat for ag that controls concealed permits.
Thats just lack of voting, period.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I agree we lost sight of how important the AG vote was. We were outmanuevered by the left. Now we gotta adapt and overcome

FSN Member Since 2009
hurricanecharlie

Post by hurricanecharlie »

Can the Governor remove her for cause?
I think the answer is yes.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Which is why we need to bring this to the governors attention. It’s obvious this man will remove incompetent employees

FSN Member Since 2009