FL House member says she was 'bullied,' 'verbally assaulted' by fellow Democrat lawmaker

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

FL House member says she was 'bullied,' 'verbally assaulted' by fellow Democrat lawmaker

Post by Miami_JBT »

South Florida House member says she was 'bullied,' 'verbally assaulted' by Orlando lawmaker

State Rep. Anika Omphroy and state Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith
A Broward County Democratic state House member said she was "bullied, threatened and verbally assaulted" by a Democratic state lawmaker from Orlando at a party meeting Saturday.

Rep. Anika Omphroy wrote a letter to GOP House Speaker Jose Oliva on Monday calling for an ethics investigation into what she said was a "blatant display of aggression" by Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith at a state Democratic Executive Committee meeting at the Rosen Centre hotel.
Omphroy, 40, a freshman representative from Lauderdale Lakes, wrote that Smith "approached me in a threatening and aggressive manner as I sat at the table with others. I was uncomfortable as [he] kneeled directly in front of my legs, at which point I was forced to readjust myself due to my attire, which was a dress and leggings.
"Smith pounded his hand and lashed out at me with a barrage of offensive verbal assaults, and a display of blatant aggression in the presence of others who witnessed his behavior," she continued. "Smith trapped my movements due to his strategic body placement and positioning of his body in front of me."

Smith's "bullying and demoralizing behavior must be addressed by you," Omphroy wrote to Oliva and in an almost identical letter to the House Democratic Caucus.

"Smith's behavior was a show of dominance over me as a woman," she wrote. "This behavior against women must stop. No women should suffer mental anguish or emotional distress from anyone, regardless of the abuser's political affiliation, race or sexuality."
Rep. Smith is openly gay.

Who wins in this SJW fight? Black Straight Woman or Gay Hispanic Male?
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Translation: "It's my right to be in charge, right now. He's tormented me, and must be punished or thrown out. I even state days and times, so it's all proven."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Gmountain

Post by Gmountain »

I've been noticing this week that verbal abuse and emotional abuse are now taking on the aura of sexual abuse and physical abuse.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Imagine being 40 years old and having the coping skills of a teenager.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

This is just another person answering the Maxine Waters call to assault Trump supporting Representatives. In other words, any Republican that doesn't agree with their radical leftist agenda! Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith needs to be tossed out on his liberal ass. Mainstream media will under report on this and if they do they will try to spin it into poor Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith. Those bad Republicans trying to smear his wonderful reputation. Trust me this jackass will not resign or be removed. He "feels" righteous in his actions I am sure.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith was on the Spectrum BayNews 9 special report to confiscate every firearm in Florida.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Rep. Smith is openly gay.

Who wins in this SJW fight? Black Straight Woman or Gay Hispanic Male?
I think they both loose but in an odd sort of way, they both win because of the publicity generated. Even bad publicity is good... just look at AOC.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

It's the best of circumstances if the leftists cannibalize each other. Even if she turns out to be an anti down the road, he needs the proverbial kick in the cojones, sending a current message to other antis.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

This was more like a cat fight between two women.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Wonder what they were arguing over.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS