Broward Sheriff's Office dismisses Frank Adderley, former Lauderdale police chief

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Slartibartfast

Broward Sheriff's Office dismisses Frank Adderley, former Lauderdale police chief

Post by Slartibartfast »

good riddance to these double dipping mofos, taxpayers
will get a break !

Frank Adderley gets over $350k in pension and salary
and Chadwick Wagner gets $220k

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html

Frank Adderley, a longtime law enforcement leader, was dismissed from his job at the Broward Sheriff’s Office on Monday as a newly appointed sheriff takes charge.

Col. Adderley, who was part of suspended Sheriff Scott Israel’s command staff, oversaw community outreach and the civil division as well as courthouse operations and the 911 communications system, he said late Monday night.

Adderley served as Fort Lauderdale police chief before joining BSO. He worked at Fort Lauderdale police for 36 years and came up through the ranks with Israel, who brought him to BSO in 2016.

“There are a lot of talented people at BSO,” said Adderley, 57. “It’s a good agency. I have nothing bad to say, and wish the new sheriff much success.”

Adderley said he had not yet met Sheriff Gregory Tony, who was chosen on Friday by newly elected Gov. Ron DeSantis to lead the agency and its approximately 5,800 employees.

Adderley said he didn’t have any ill feelings about his situation. He said he has only heard good things about the new sheriff, and that Tony talking with him was probably the least of Tony’s concerns during his first days on the job.

Adderley said he had talked with former Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi earlier in the day Monday and felt his job was secure. Pustizzi is Tony’s former boss and is advising him.

But about 3 p.m., General Counsel Ron Gunzburger came into Adderley’s office at BSO headquarters in Fort Lauderdale to tell him that his position was being eliminated, he said.

“Ron said ‘good luck’ and ‘it was good working with you,’ he gave me my termination letter and I signed it,” Adderley said. “It was effective today.”

Adderley said being dismissed from a job was a new experience for him, but that he was already looking toward the future.

“People are sending me ideas about what my next move should be,” Adderley said.

Five other members of Israel’s command staff turned in paperwork to resign or retire on Friday. Among them:

— Col. John “Jack” Dale, who wrote on his form, “Actions by governor not in the best interest of public safety.” Dale was executive director for the agency’s department of professional standards and the department of investigations.

— Undersheriff Steve Kinsey, the second in command at the agency under Israel, who wrote on his form, “Due to the sheriff being suspended unjustly.”

— Maj. Kevin S. Shults, who was in charge of training, also resigned.

Dale, Kinsey and Shults were among many high-ranking officials Israel hired from his former employer, the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Maj. Chadwick Wagner, a former Hollywood police chief who served as BSO human resources director, said his reason for leaving included “the unjust decision by Gov. Ron DeSantis to remove Broward County Sheriff Scott J. Israel. Sheriff Israel has been twice elected by Broward County residents. This is a decision that only the resident voters of Broward County should decide.”

Col. James Polan retired effective Thursday and did not comment on his form.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Sound like Israel packs the place with his buddies. This is looking more and more like a good move and should produce some change, since so many are stepping out now that this BS will not be approved.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Not untypical of any agency when command is changed. As a leader you always surround yourself with those you trust or have history with.

Law enforcement is as political as any political office out there.
joel

Post by joel »

Help me please, I am having a little issue with the numbers and dates.
If Adderly is now 57 years old...
And if Adderly was with the Ft Laud police for 36 years...
and if Adderly was brought onto BSO 3 yrs ago in 2016

Was Adderly a teenager of 18 yrs old when he started with FLPD ?

To apply (today) with Fort Lauderdale, there is an age requirement of 21 years and you must have 60 college credits (around 2 yrs of college)