Am I the only one that does not care if the gooberment stays shutdown forever?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

Leave the .gov closed and stop paying Congress and every employee of the Senate and H.of R. :idea:
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
TACC

Post by TACC »

charliedwsr wrote:Leave the .gov closed and stop paying Congress and every employee of the Senate and H.of R. :idea:
I wanted to know why no members of Congress Dem or GOP have not made a publicity stunt stand and came out and said that they feel so strongly about their opinions that they will not receive any pay while the govt is shutdown

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Dems are going to collapse on this. Schumer and Pelosi picked the wrong issue to fight Trump over. He has momentum on his side.

I'm guessing that on a late Friday afternoon/early evening the Dems are going to give in "For the sake of all those poor people who aren't receiving a paycheck".

What were they thinking??? :roll:
Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger »

Never thought I'd live to see the day the President would have to fight our own government to protect its citizens.

Nick
No anchovies?
You've got the wrong man, I spell my name Danger

To anger a conservative, lie to him - to anger a liberal, tell him the truth" Teddy R
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

The government's shut down?
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Let us know how you feel when your income tax refund is delayed indefinitely, your SBR F1 isn't being processed, that DD-214 copy doesn't show up so you can claim hiring preference, or you loose your dream house because no one was there to process your VA loan.....

It's easy to squawk on the net about shutting down the govt., but unless you are 244 years old, you've always lived with the govt. teat within sucking distance
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Villafuego wrote:Let us know how you feel when your income tax refund is delayed indefinitely, your SBR F1 isn't being processed, that DD-214 copy doesn't show up so you can claim hiring preference, or you loose your dream house because no one was there to process your VA loan.....

It's easy to squawk on the net about shutting down the govt., but unless you are 244 years old, you've always lived with the govt. teat within sucking distance
Private markets can do the job far better than government, and they did, before Uncle elbowed his way into Unconstitutional activities and established a de facto monopoly on those markets.
I hope Trump shuts down every damn department he can...permanently.
patw

Post by patw »

I'm with TACC on this. Where is the inclusion with the congress and not getting paid? So this is what they mean-"diversity is our strength". Everyone but congress and the senate should be getting paid, not these scum.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Villafuego wrote:Let us know how you feel when your income tax refund is delayed indefinitely, your SBR F1 isn't being processed, that DD-214 copy doesn't show up so you can claim hiring preference, or you loose your dream house because no one was there to process your VA loan.....

Disagree completely,

Could care less about my $26 tax refund, and yes that's how close I plan my taxes, could care less about the NFA pukes not working, at least now we have a reason why it takes so long to do simple background checks. And my house is paid off and my dd214 is sitting in my safe.

I could care less how long this shutdown lasts. And the people that are complaining about not getting paid were not forced to take this job. If they think it is that bad, get a private sector job. Start your own business.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

patw wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:51 pm I'm with TACC on this. Where is the inclusion with the congress and not getting paid? So this is what they mean-"diversity is our strength". Everyone but congress and the senate should be getting paid, not these scum.
Aren't all the Congress vermin multi-millionaires?