FL likely taking another step close to being CA or NY; UBC Bill Introduced Chance on Passing is Pretty Good

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

FL likely taking another step close to being CA or NY; UBC Bill Introduced Chance on Passing is Pretty Good

Post by Miami_JBT »

Florida’s Democratic State Representative Margaret Good, has filed House Bill 135 – An Act Relating to Transfers of Firearms. It is your typical UBC bill in which is outlaws all private transfers of firearms between two parties and requires that the seller and buyer use a federally licensed dealer as the middle man so a background check can be conducted. Shooters under 18 can’t be in possession of a firearm unless they are under direct supervision of the owner and the owner is 21 or older. Currently, if a child was 16 but below 18, they could legally possess a firearm in the residence with parent approval. And of course the only other uncontrolled legal transfer between two adults over the age of 21 is when a firearm is loaned “solely for the purpose of shooting at targets, if the loan occurs on the premises of a sport shooting range, and the firearm is at all times kept within the premises of the sport shooting range.”

Sounds great right? Well, it doesn’t and it goes a step further than the usual California pattern of UBC bills.

This piles onto the intrusion brought to Floridians under the gun controlled passed by soon to be former Governor Rick Scott, anyone under the age of 21 cannot legally purchase a firearm through a dealer or private sale. But they can be legally gifted a firearm from their parents. So little Johnny or Susan going off to college can still legally have a long gun for sport or self defense so long as if it was a gift from their parent or guardian.

Well, HB135 makes it to where a background check must be conducted for all firearm temporarily transfers outside of a shooting range or hunting event. So if little Johnny or Susan want to get that shotgun that Papa left for them when they turned 18. No go since the transfer has to go through a dealer and that dealer cannot release a firearm to someone under the age of 21.

Additionally, the bill has exemptions to the requirement and like usual, law enforcement and the government are excluded. Also Section H states the following:

An adult family member of the lawful owner of the firearm if the owner resides with the family member but is not currently present in the residence, provided that the family member does not maintain control over the firearm for more than 14 consecutive days.

What exactly does that mean? It means that if you have to travel somewhere and want to store your firearms, you can only do it with an adult family member and it can’t be any longer than 14 days. So if you have a military deployment to the Middle for six months? Or maybe you have a job that is taking you to New York for a year and your guns are verboten there? Can’t store them at your family’s place for more than 14 days and you definitely can’t store it at a trusted friend’s place period.

Why?

Because “Adult family member” means an individual’s spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, niece, nephew, first cousin, aunt, or uncle who is over 21 years of age.

So what are the chances of this bill moving through? Well, Senate President Bill Galvano (R) took $200k from Bloomberg and authored last session’s glorious gun control bill would support such a bill and so would Jose Olivia (R), the current House Speaker who not only voted in favor of the SB7026 when it passed back on March 7, 2018. He gave it a standing ovation.

Rep. Oliva highlighted in red clapping when SB7026 passed.

So the chances are pretty damn good this bill would be steered by the House Speaker into a favorable committee or two and passed with turncoat supporters siding with Democrats. I’d except the Senate to do the same. The question comes would incoming Governor DeSantis veto the bill and would the legislature have majority to override the veto. Scary that a Republican controlled legislature is viewed in this light.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I guess the black market will start sooner rather than later; might as well work out the kinks now. It's inevitable, regardless what the totalitarians have to do. Just remember.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

I forwarded the info to FL Carry and GOA to be on the safe side.

I believe FL Carry will take lead on this. I honestly don't see Marion Hammer having the political capital to fight this since Olivia and Galvano control the House and Senate. They just won't listen to her like Flores, de la Portilla, and Garcia have in the past.

She doesn't rally Floridians to speak at the Capitol. Her way of fighting is her alone and no one else. FL Carry brings members to speak. Hopefully I can get GOA to rally their members here in FL to support FL Carry.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Cue sarcasm:
Thank God we live in a democracy where each citizen gets to vote these guys in and out of office ImageImage...
chester field

Post by chester field »

When half the population doesn't vote, and most of the half that does doesn't get involved...
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

You can bet that if this crap passed I will be packing my crap and move away. Probably be heading back to NC.