What OK and SD can teach FL about Republicans about Constitutional Carry

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

What OK and SD can teach FL about Republicans about Constitutional Carry

Post by Miami_JBT »

Florida this past November narrowly elected Ron DeSantis as governor for the once formerly known Gunshine State. Along with Governor-Elect DeSantis taking office. A Republican Superiority again is taking office in the House and Senate. This would normally across the country mean good news for gun owners. But as Florida's past legislative history has shown. That isn't the case since the Republican Party of Florida through a number of Representatives and Senators have sided with the Industrial Civilian Disarmament Complex and blocked pro gun legislation from passing. Worse, this past session; they passed gun control.

Back in June, the RPOF held their annual Sunshine Summit and Florida Carry was there to see where political candidates and office holders stood on gun rights. At that meeting, Ron DeSantis unequivocally told Florida Carry that he supports Campus Carry, Open Carry, and more importantly, Constitutional Carry.

Why do I bring this up? Because in 2018, Oklahoma and South Dakota replaced two governors that vetoed Constitutional Carry after it was passed by their state legislatures. Back in May 2018; OK Gov. Mary Fallin (R) vetoed Constitutional Carry and incoming Governor-Elect Kevin Stitt said he would sign a Constitutional Carry bill back in September 2018.

"I would sign it. I am a constitutional conservative. I support the first amendment, the second amendment and I think the best defense for a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun," said Stitt.

I ask that Governor-Elect DeSantis put pressure on incoming Senate President Bill Galvano (R) and the Legislature as a whole. Even though Galvano took $200k from Bloomberg and drafted Florida's Gun Control Bill that bars teachers from carrying. The Parkland Shooting Commission has thrown his desire of barring campus carry right in his face with their investigation. They have determined that the best recourse to prevent another Parkland is to specifically arm teachers.

Governor-Elect DeSantis can very well make life hell for the Legislature is he so chooses to by vetoing their district specific pork belly project bills. Florida used to be on the forefront of the Second Amendment movement when it came to restoring the rights of the citizenry. But sadly we've fallen behind.

If South Dakota and Oklahoma sign Constitutional Carry into law, that would mean 30% of the country has restored Americans' Second Amendments rights terms of carrying and personal protection.

Thus, I ask both Governor-Elect DeSantis and you to put pressure on the legislature to pass Constitutional Carry and other Pro Second Amendment legislation this coming year. And if need be, put pressure on DeSantis' office itself and remind him of his promise.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Great post as usual thank you
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Has to be done sooner rather than later. When the election gets close in 2022, he'll be counting votes and pander to whomever will get him elected. Yeah, just like scott, catering to nonsense because he wanted to be "popular" for the Senate election. Ditto the sleazes in the legislature. I'm keeping my eye on that as well as a few other factors. I'll be here through much of this year, anyway. But, depending on how my legal process (big d) turns out, and the overall picture, I may be headed for a Constitutional state later this year.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.