Might get the job offer in Leon County ASAP

FL_Cowboy

Might get the job offer in Leon County ASAP

Post by FL_Cowboy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 am

Well.... I just finished the meeting with the head boss and they had me do a uniform fitting yesterday so I might be moving to Tallahassee ASAP.... any clue on where to find a cheap but good apartment for a couple of months until I can buy a house.

Also looking for a house... requirements.

3 Bed
2 bath
2 Car Garage
Pool
Non HOA
Price $100k-130k

Looking to pay outright cash

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Might get the job offer in Leon County ASAP

Post by g.willikers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 am

Wanna' play some poker, first?

Pizzim
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Pizzim » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 am

Check out www.Zillow.com for both the rental and the purchase
"you cant miss fast enough to win" " Don't slow down, Just aim faster"

Two Brothers Armory FFL 07/02
www.twobrothersarmory.com

riff_raff

Post by riff_raff » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:55 pm

When I moved to Tallahassee and looked for an apartment everyone said stay away from both college areas and the South Side. The North East, Central East, and new developments in the South East are the better parts of town. There's also lots of forclosures selling for a lot less than what they use to since the housing bubble burst. Its a buyers market right now.

Doyle
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Doyle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 pm

A few years ago on one of my other forums I recall some discussion about the obsene electricity rates inside Tallahassee. That and the nasty traffic would make me want to look out in the country. There is some beautiful countryside near there. The drive towards Montecello is georgous.

If you are a serious sausage fan, I'll share my favorite sausage source with you.

riff_raff

Post by riff_raff » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 pm

If you are a serious sausage fan, I'll share my favorite sausage source with you.
Would that be Bradley's outside of town on Centerville rd?

[quoteobsene electricity rates inside Tallahassee. That and the nasty traffic ][/quote]

The electric company, water, and gas company are owned by the city and therefore owned by the tax payers. The rates are fair.

After living in a major urban area like Tampa I find even the rush hour traffic a breeze to get through. No rush hour smash up derby and traffic jams every day and rush hour lasts about an hour not 3 or 4 like Tampa. It normally takes 20 minutes to cross town and maybe 30 to 40 during rush hour.
There is some beautiful countryside near there.

I would have to agree with you on that. This part of Florida has hills, lots of trees, and is mostly countryside. There's nothing but small towns once you leave Tallahassee and its only 10 minutes to Georgia. The drive on Hwy 98 along the coast is very scenic with a lot of unspoiled deserted beaches. The beach in the state park on St. George Island is one of my favorite beaches.

The hunting and fishing here are also pretty good. I often see deer in the national forrest and sometimes in town. There's still several old plantations here that are now private hunt clubs. There's also a free public range in the national forrest but it tends to get idiots on the weekends. Weekdays are much better and not nearly as crowded.

One thing that does suck about Tallahassee is no decent gun shops, gun shows, or pawn shops. One shop to stay away from is Kevin's Sporting Goods. He will rob you if he thinks he can.

Doyle
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Doyle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:29 am

Would that be Bradley's outside of town on Centerville rd?
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. Great sausage.