Morning Edition is celebrating the NRA...

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Morning Edition is celebrating the NRA...

Post by P5 Guy »

NRA lost money according to 2017 tax records.
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/29/67179999 ... -in-income
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

P5 Guy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:37 am NRA lost money according to 2017 tax records.
I wonder what the NRA's income statements look like in every election year compared to the first post-election year . . . bet there's a pattern. And I'm guessing the more contentious the election, the greater the spikes and valleys, when pro-gun candidates win.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Maybe the NRA's bottom line would improve if they didn't send us so many continual renewal requests.
All those mailings have to cost plenty.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

jaytwillerham wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am Maybe the NRA's bottom line would improve if they didn't send us so many continual renewal requests.
They didn't stay in existence for 148 years by paying $36.00 to get $35.00 out of you.

There has to be a good ROI or they wouldn't be doing it.

Just because me and you are throwing their mail in the trash doesn't mean everyone is.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Even after I asked them to stop sending me all the junk, they still occasionally send extra money requests... I am not OK with that.
chester field

Post by chester field »

TC6969 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm
jaytwillerham wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am Maybe the NRA's bottom line would improve if they didn't send us so many continual renewal requests.
They didn't stay in existence for 148 years by paying $36.00 to get $35.00 out of you.

There has to be a good ROI or they wouldn't be doing it.

Just because me and you are throwing their mail in the trash doesn't mean everyone is.
While I agree that they wouldn't do it if they lost, I do get multiple mailings every year to renew and I renew every 5 years. They are probably not as efficient as they could be. It's hard to get that big, doing what they do and be efficient and accountable with their money.

Showing a loss in a particular period doesn't indicate debt if they build huge reserves in off-election years. It just means that they took in less money than they spent for that period. I am sure their 5 year average still points up. However, as elections get more costly, this could start to become more common during election years. If they are at saturation for membership, the only alternative for increased revenue is to raise dues. It is a fine balance between raising income and raising membership. They use the money to buy influence, but the weight of that influence is from having XXX members
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I remember reading earlier this year, that the NRA had a big fine/judgement leveled against them, for offering defensive firearm use insurance.
A couple liberal states have laws against insurance, that covers your defense after the commission of a crime.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Actually since I went Endowment, I have received exactly NO mail from the NRA.

Must be a glitch in the matrix.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I called them and asked that they stop sending the bi-weekly begging for money mailers and they did. During the past election cycle I got a couple of phone calls and no mailers. Been like this for the past decade. The only mail I get is the every 5 year renewal.
MARK

Post by MARK »

Once I signed up for Lifetime Membership the mailings dropped off considerably. About the same time I got a call AT WORK from them. Once I told them to not call me at work I haven't got a call from them at all except robocalls during the election(s) reminding me what's at stake.