FL CWPs may be moved from Dept. of Agriculture

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

FL CWPs may be moved from Dept. of Agriculture

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Florida’s Democrat Nikki Fried, the newly elected Commissioner of Agriculture & Consumer Services wants to move the concealed weapons permit system from her agency to and have it palced under the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. But Marion Hammer, NRA’s former President and current lobbyist wants to fight that and move it to the Department of Financial Services and have Florida’s Republican Chief Financial Officer, Jimmy Patronis assume the responsibility of the permitting system.

Freid recently reiterated her stance and blasted the NRA in a series of tweets.

The Tampa Bay Times reported this week that Senate Democrats are drafting language to support Fried’s proposal to move the program to the FDLE.

"Democratic state Sens. Lauren Book and Linda Stewart have drafted a bill proposing the Division of Licensing be moved from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement."

Originally the system was under the Department of State, but in 2002; that changed when the office went from an elected position to an appointed one. When Shall Issue concealed carry passed in 1987, it replaced the quagmire that was the original 67 county based permitting system. The NRA fought to have it placed under a duly elected position and not FDLE since at the time, the state police agency was known to be a political hotbed that didn’t exactly favor civil liberties then just as it is today.

Personally, I would much rather have our CCW permit system be placed under Patronis than Freid. But in reality, the best way to resolve this would be to pass Constitutional Carry in Florida. But with Anti-Gun Republican Senate President Bill Galvano. I doubt that such a bill would ever reach Gov. DeSantis’ desk.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

And this is why I am telling my daughter to get her application in NOW!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

My permission slip is good until 2024. I have already made a few decisions, anticipating 2020 and 2022 (goober, here in FL). That little bitch can go pound sand. Sure, she can throw obstacles in the way but, fortunately a constitutional amendment is required to change the basis. (refer to personal decisions)
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

Leave it in the DOA.
All it's requirements are law, she can't do a thing about it.
CWP issuance was part of the deal when she ran.

Love having her signature on all those CWP's.

AFS
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

AirForceShooter wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:06 am Leave it in the DOA.

AFS
My permit wasn't due till March but I went to the DOA last week just because I did not want her signature on mine! :lol:
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

It’s so convenient being at the Dep’t of Agriculture. There’s an office 12 minutes from my house, & the CWP only took minutes to renew. I mean, how many farmers live in West Palm Beach? I was the only customer in the office when I went. It’s not like going to the Tag Agency to renew a DL, or tag, where you may wait an hour. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Grip Hugger wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:19 am
AirForceShooter wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:06 am Leave it in the DOA.

AFS
My permit wasn't due till March but I went to the DOA last week just because I did not want her signature on mine! :lol:

she may not be able to change anything but can instruct her minions to slow the process or sit on applications

I still have an old one with Charles Bronson signature on it :mrgreen:

fine strip it from her, and also cut her budget, all she wants is to be the Pot Farmer Queen Bee
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I'm good until 2025.

Should be a REAL circus by then! :evil: