Push on for 2020 FL true AWB Constitutional Amendment

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Push on for 2020 FL true AWB Constitutional Amendment

Post by tector »

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/281 ... initiative

Here they come.

We can never sleep, we can never rest.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Greg

Post by Greg »

The NRA would immediately sue. It would go to the Fl Supreme Court which will now have a gop supermajority thanks to the Governor Desantis winning the election. Let’s say it’ll go to the Supreme Court. By that time RBJ will have croaked and Trump will have replaced her. Checkmate

Their playing checkers while we’re playing 4D chess. The point is the war is still happening. These are only small little battles. We need to keep fighting by voting in every election and making our voices heard. We do it the smart way they do it the emotion way
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Here's the direct website.

bawnfl dot org

Not hotlinking on purpose.

Their membership.

Steering Committee

Congressman Ted Deutch, Parkland
Mayor Skip Campbell, Coral Springs

Committee Members

Gail Schwartz, Chair, aunt of Alex Schachter, murdered on 2/14/18 in Parkland
Mayra Alvear, mother of Amanda, murdered on 6/12/16 at Pulse
Patricia Brigham, President of Florida League of Women Voters and former co-chair of Florida Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence
Hon. Paula Dockery, former Republican State Senator from Lakeland, FL
Annika and Mitch Dworet, parents of Nicholas, murdered in 2/14/18 Parkland
Jeffrey Foster, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School AP American Government teacher, escaped with 30 students
Eden Hebron, student survivor of Parkland shooting, witnessed the murder of three classmates
Debbi Hixon, widow of Chris Hixon, murdered on 2/14/18 in Parkland
Robert W. Kelley, Founding Partner at Kelley/Uustal
Christine Leinonen, mother of Drew Leinonen, murdered on 6/12/16 at Pulse
Philip Schentrup, father of Carmen Schentrup, murdered on 2/14/18 in Parkland
Hon. Philip Shailer, former Republican State Attorney for Broward County, FL
Brandon Wolf, survivor of Pulse

They are a part of ActBlue.

For those that don't know. ActBlue is a nonprofit technology organization established in June 2004 that enables Democrats, progressive groups, and nonprofits to raise money on the Internet by providing them with online fundraising software. It is the Leftist Political Version of GoFundMe and created specifically for fundraising Leftist Causes.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
tector

Post by tector »

Umm...the Florida Supreme Court would have no basis to strike down a section of the Florida Constitution unless it did so pursuant to the U.S. Constitution. And if it did that, then it would be appealable to the U.S. Supreme Court. The U.S. Supreme Court did this last year:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1DR1SE

So while your passion is admirable, your certitude is misplaced.

It would be much, much better to defeat this outright.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Greg

Post by Greg »

I agree it would be better to defeat it before yes

FSN Member Since 2009
Greg

Post by Greg »

I look it at like this. I now have 2 years to tell everyone I know how stupid this ballot initiative is. Over time it’ll hopefully gain steam as a bad faith initiative in everyone’s minds before they even go to vote. It’s what trump does himself in a way. I will utilize twitter and FB. I encourage many of you to try twitter. Don’t laugh millions are on it and it helps to spread a certain message

FSN Member Since 2009
Greg

Post by Greg »

Make a funny ass meme about the amendment and share it over and over again on FB and just wait.....

FSN Member Since 2009
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

It’s also unclear what effect the ban had on crime, according to a University of Pennsylvania study cited by the Post.
LOL! pass another useless law and wonder why thugs still cause mayhem.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

A constitutional amendment is being proposed for the state’s 2020 ballot that would ban semiautomatic firearms in Florida. The petition drive and effort is being pushed by a Miami based organization known as Ban Assault Weapons NØW (BAWN) and they have some big names in their corner. A former Republican member of the Florida Senate is part of their committee of course to give it that bipartisan feel.

Their mission statement is simple;
Congress won’t act. The Florida Legislature won’t act. The only way to ban assault weapons like AR-15s and other weapons of war is for the people of Florida to go to the polls and vote. This campaign will place an amendment on the 2020 ballot in Florida to do what our elected leaders refuse to: Ban Assault Weapons NOW.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, the group has raised nearly $410,000 since March, while spending almost $284,000, according to finance information. The expenditures included $75,000 last month to a California-based company for what was described in the finance information as “petitions.”

My own research into BAWN shows that they have a lengthy donation record through the Florida Department of State records.

Additionally, they are part of ActBlue. A nonprofit technology organization established in June 2004 that enables Democrats, progressive groups, and nonprofits to raise money on the internet by providing them with online fundraising software. Its stated mission is to “empower small-dollar donors”. Basically it is a Leftist GoFundMe for political causes.

Here is the actual petition.

If this petition gets enough signatures, is placed on the ballot, and passed in 2020. It would make any semi-automatic long gun in Florida with a capacity of ten rounds or more an “assault weapon” and ban them for future sale or possession. Additionally, it would require that Floridians register their firearms with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Failure to do so or possession after the grace period would be a third degree felony and that would automatically strip Floridians of their Second Amendment Rights. Furthermore, this would also invalidate Florida Criminal Statute 790.335 and 790.336. The prohibition on registration and keeping of lists/records.

Additionally, another more radical ballot measure is being proposed by Stop The Killing. Their goal is to outright ban the ownership of firearms in Florida. A search of their financial records show that they for the most part haven’t had any support. But their mission statement is plain as day.

To change the Constitution of the State of Florida to include banning the ownership of military style weapons by private persons and restricting the ownership or possession of guns by criminals, habitual law breakers, repeat abusers, and persons who make violent threats to others.
The actual petition can be read in full here.

This if passed would basically strip Floridians of any meaningful firearm.

In the end, the Gun Grabbers haven’t quit and even though they didn’t gain control of the Governor’s office. They do have the Commissioner of Agriculture & Consumer Services’ seat and that controls Florida’s concealed carry weapon permit system. And I bet you that incoming commissioner Nikki Freid will use her office as a bully pulpit to support one of these ballot measures.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Is it time to start burying Ruger 10/22s in PVC pipes yet?
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)