Palm Beach County Shooting Sports Park

trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

300 yards will do, I'm about 15-20 mins from the range, so I'll be there often also, they'll probably offer membership plans, I'd be interested in that kind of arrangement belonged to a range for 15 years b4 I moved, maybe we can get together for some shooting and meet one another that would be nice ....
Last edited by trouter3 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

I've been "holding my breath" for close to 8 years on this one.

Shall I keep holding it? ;)
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Skltr

Post by Skltr »

Good news! Thanks for the update.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Racer88 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:08 pm I've been "holding my breath" for close to 8 years on this one.

Shall I keep holding it? ;)
It’s almost time to release it! Hold for a few more months
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I cant wait till it opens up. I got weekdays off too. So it will be nice to be there often with low traffic. It will be jammed packed in the beginning but hope it dies out fast lol. Hope they also consider doing USPSA in the future. They definitely got the space for it or so it looks like it.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

The PBSO range just published their 2019 schedule, which goes all the way through December 2019. PBSO is planning to close their range to the public when the new range is opened. Apparently PBSO has reason to believe that the new range WILL NOT be opening any time in 2019.

:roll: <--- me not holding my breath.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
vinrr

Post by vinrr »

Monthly check up... has anyone heard any updates on this park?
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

I went by a couple weeks ago. The buildings are in progress and they are working on the interiors. they were waiting on permits to finish the 200 and 300 yard range line covering and trap and skeet ranges.
zalfmon

Post by zalfmon »

There will be a meeting on 03/21/2019 at 7:00 pm - hosted by The Friends of Corbett - held in the dining hall at the Everglades Youth Conservation Camp, 12100 Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd.

Bill Cline, FWC Hunter Safety and Range Coordinator, will make a presentation on the status of the range.

You may but are not required to RSVP at 561-624-6989

The email also stated the range is supposed to be partially open in late May 2019.

I received this information from an email that went out to all Delray FOP range members from Gordon Holmes, past president of Friends of Corbett
Last edited by zalfmon on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
- C. S. Lewis
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Interdashing. Is it open to the public or do you have to be a member of anything to attend? Anyone here plan to attend if its open?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."