Slow gun sales at WPB.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Slow gun sales at WPB.

Post by N4KVE »

Went to the WPB show yesterday, & today. Lots of people there yesterday, not so many today. Spoke to one FFL I know with about 20 tables. With all the guns he had, he sold 12 yesterday. That sucks. Yes, it’s the summer when sales are slow, & WPB shows are so often that attendees only have the $ for the gate. Both days I saw very few people filling out the 4473’s. Another FFL told me the last out of town show he did netted him $192 after paying for the tables, hotel, food, & gas. Funny, these same guys didn’t have big enough pockets to stuff all the $ they made after the end of Covid. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

Oh, I am sure the next one will be swell--Labor Day weekend AND the same weekend as the Miami show.

I can tell you, as a Broward person, if I have two shows to choose from, I'm going to Miami. Maybe others would choose differently, but that's beside the point--splitting the people from Aventura to Boca is dumb.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

You’re correct. No matter what people think of Khaled, his shows, & vendors do much better vs the others. He spends way more in advertising, & except for two beef jerky vendors, only allows gun, or gun related vendors at his shows. No titty bars, no food, or no shaving accessory vendors. And he spaces his shows further apart, allowing attendee’s more time to save up $ between shows. GARY
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

I had ten tables and we did very well this weekend...Sometimes its just a matter of having the right inventory, and giving people a fair price.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I really like Miami too. I forgot that the show was this weekend. Usually there's a billboard near my house, but it hasn't been updated since the July show.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Molivo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:30 am I had ten tables and we did very well this weekend...Sometimes its just a matter of having the right inventory, and giving people a fair price.
I did several shows with a guy named Bob Ruth. He passed away a few years ago. He’d have about five tables of AR’s, mostly pistols. He invited his son to take his own table, & sell cheap Chinese optics. So the two of them would do a show together. After several months, the son selling his cheap scopes, red dots, & magnifiers was making a bigger profit than the Dad selling guns. So he had what the people wanted at a cheap price. Some may remember the son. He had blonde hair, & weighed 600 lbs. but after his Dad passed, he didn’t have the heart to do any more shows. Sad, he was a nice guy. GARY
tector

Post by tector »

Molivo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:30 am I had ten tables and we did very well this weekend...Sometimes its just a matter of having the right inventory, and giving people a fair price.
Wow, didn't know you were at WPB. Might have to visit one time (just not the next one).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

tector wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:04 pm
Wow, didn't know you were at WPB. Might have to visit one time (just not the next one).
Yeah I didn't used to do that one but we picked it up because one of the other promoters weeded out some of his shows leaving us some holes in our schedule.
Wizard78

Post by Wizard78 »

Your quality inventory, fair prices and non aggressive manner make for easy sales, Matt.
"Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

When there is a big spike like COVID (more ANTIFA/BLM driven) it is followed by a dip and we certainly have that.

Melbourne is slower and vendors have dropped out but there is a bigger selection of Soaps, jewelry and other assorted no gun things.

Biden will do what he can to improve gun sales as soon as he can to make us safer from right wing Christian conservative heterosexual gun owning males