JTAC SHOOTING RANGE

lakelandman

JTAC SHOOTING RANGE

Post by lakelandman »

Hey guys,
Anyone know when this range will be up and running?
Thanks Lakelandman
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

if we only knew where it was ?? :mrgreen:
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 pm if we only knew where it was ?? :mrgreen:
Try looking it up no dice.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

I don't think they are set up quite yet but call them and let us kmow.
https://www.facebook.com/JTAC-Ranch-Sho ... 205845372/
Jtac Ranch, LLC
2001 Gallagher Road
Dover, FL 33527
Phone: (661) 860-5934
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

This is relevant to my interests!

Dover is just right down the street!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Found this on FB..
JTAC Ranch Shooting Range No sir. Probably not until February.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

(Not my Range)
(Update from Facebook)
Hey Shooters, time for a Christmas Update!

Overall, the range has been approved. We ran into a small snag on the entrance road that we are currently working through. Once we find a suitable solution to the road construction, we will be able to move forward.
If anybody wants a Phd level class on how to turn a 7 month project into a 3+year project, I am now a subject matter expert in that process!
We want to thank you shooters who have faithfully followed us, and patiently awaited our slow-in-coming updates. We look forward to meeting you all.
For the time being, please have a very Merry Christmas!!
Last edited by lakelandman on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilentStalker

Post by SilentStalker »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:23 am (Update from Facebook)
Hey Shooters, time for a Christmas Update!

Overall, the range has been approved. We ran into a small snag on the entrance road that we are currently working through. Once we find a suitable solution to the road construction, we will be able to move forward.
If anybody wants a Phd level class on how to turn a 7 month project into a 3+year project, I am now a subject matter expert in that process!
We want to thank you shooters who have faithfully followed us, and patiently awaited our slow-in-coming updates. We look forward to meeting you all.
For the time being, please have a very Merry Christmas!!
Good evening, and Happy New Years to you. I was wondering if it would be possible if myself and a friend could use your property for a few hours, to shoot a hog or 2. I'd leave 0 signs of anyone being there. I'd be happy to share my harvest. We both have a hunting license, even though one isn't needed to shoot hog on private property. I have a 30-06, but I'd be happy to use a crossbow, if worry of ricochet is a problem. I have no convictions. I don't drink, or use drugs. I totally understand, if you feel this would at all be a problem. Thank you for your time.

P.S. I can't wait to try out your range!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Sorry this is not my Range it was a update off there Facebook page.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Off Facebook page.

Finally! what you’ve all been asking for: membership information and pricing!

-Please note that this information is still subject to change-

-Further details on Course and Test requirements will be forthcoming-

First some groundwork information.
Consumer access to the facility will be limited to members, members’ guests and those attending instructional courses in order to ensure safety and a quality shooting environment for our customers. JTAC Ranch will not be a public range.

JTAC Ranch will operate very differently than most other shooting ranges. For example, we will NOT be requiring shooters to table their guns after each magazine. However, in order to allow this greater freedom, we will need to verify the skill of our members. Both no-charge tests and paid training courses will be available for this purpose, either to verify a member’s existing skills or to help build new ones. Testing and course requirements are designed to ensure that members possess the required skills and experience to engage in various activities. Our goal in these requirements is safety and an effective training and practice environment. Tests are designed to be a free alternative to instructional courses, allowing us to verify the skill levels of members without the cost or time involved of attending a training course.

Stationary shooting requirements (as with our other requirements) exist to promote safety and an effective training environment. At opening there will only be two square bays available for tactical training. It would be far too dangerous to have an ‘every man for himself’ environment. Our goal is to facilitate training and have fun doing it. We do not want to be overbearing, but we want to be safe. To achieve these goals, we will be introducing our continuous training system, available to qualified shooters. To qualify, shooters will either test out and obtain their clearance to participate, or they will attend the required course or courses to learn the required prerequisite skills and methodologies to ensure they can complete the drills safely. The Ultra membership is required for participation in this program. Continuous training is a system designed to allow members to practice and hone their tactical shooting skills in a sustainable way. (More details below.)

There will be three membership levels available at JTAC Ranch: Enthusiast, Precision and Ultra. Pricing and details are listed for each level below.

All memberships will involve a TBD Signup Fee to cover background check and safety course.

Enthusiast Membership
Cost: $35.00 per month/ $385 per year (One month free if paid in a lump sum)

Qualifications: Pass safety course and background check

Features:
Use of the following ranges during open hours:
• 100yd square bays
• 500yd rifle range
10% discount on all firearm courses
Access to pro-shop sales
(All firing must be stationary. Shooting and moving are not permitted without authorization. Either the Basic Firearms Handling Course or a passing score on the Basic Firearms Handling Test (no charge) is required to draw from holster and speed reload. For up drills and turn and shoot drills either a passing score on the Level 1 Tactical Firearms Test (no charge), or completion of the Level 1 Tactical Rifle and Pistol Courses.)
is required)

Precision Membership
Cost: $65.00 per month/ $715 per year (One month free if paid in lump sum)

Qualifications: Pass basic safety course and background check.

Features:
• 1000yd precision range
• 2000yd precision range
• Basic Membership access (qualification requirements for various activities do apply)
10% discount on all firearm courses
Access to pro-shop sales
(Test and Course requirements for drawing from holsters, speed reloading, up drills, and turn and shoot drills are identical to Enthusiast Membership)

Ultra-Membership
Cost: $120 per month/ $1,320 per year (One month free if paid in lump sum)

Qualifications: Pass basic safety course and background check. Passing score on the Level 1 Tactical Firearms Test (no charge), or completion of the Level 1 Tactical Rifle and Pistol Courses.)

Features:
• 100yd square bay
• 500yd rifle range
• 1000yd precision range
• 2000yd precision range
• Precision rifle tower (Level 2 Precision rifle course required)
Participation in precision and tactical continuous training programs at qualified level
15% discount on all firearm courses
Access to pro-shop sales
(All firing must be stationary unless participating in approved drills or with specific authorization from an RSO)

Continuous Training Program explained:
The Continuous Training Program is designed to constantly provide both training and improve technique, but also an opportunity to run through consistently challenging and constantly changing drills and shooting arrays. Each week, a course of fire will be designed and placed on the range for the members at this level to run through. The courses of fire will be designed and selected to teach or reinforce certain skill sets, such as target acquisition, shooting from behind barriers, toggling between close and longer distance targets, etc. There will be an option to shoot courses of fire simply for the shooting aspect, but there will also be another option of running the drill under physical duress and getting a work out while you do it. In short, these drills are the same types of drills our instructors learned and used while serving in military Special Operations. These drills will sharpen skills and push the shooter to learn new shooting skills, tactics, and methods, as well as serve as a workout and training regimen. Other membership levels do NOT shoot these drills and/or participate in this type of shooting outside of instructional courses.