Aug 18th Gunshow at the Central Florida Fairgrounds

indy1919a4

Aug 18th Gunshow at the Central Florida Fairgrounds

Post by indy1919a4 »

Going to go tho this show for the 1st time, What all to expect there???
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

Opportunity to hold many firearm. this is why i go, to grip that one that might be next in the heard!
Ammo prices were fair last time, 9mm and 45 at least.
Tons of AR and accessories, not Palmetto Armory cheap but, prices are coming down.
Instant gratification if you are CCW holder. Hold the firearm, pay, carry.
Bullseye Holster custom molding. You bring your firearm and most likely they have the mold to make and fit a holster.
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**
joker223

Post by joker223 »

No private sales on the property (I doubt I'll go again anytime soon). As far as accessories, handloading supplies, new guns--not bad.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Many thanks Deathpriest, Just got back, was real real impressed,, Now it was a tad on the smaller side and had more new guns then old. But Walked out with 3 rifles, A Gibbs Enfield Indian "tanker" in 7.62, a vintage Camel gun, and a Portuguese Mauser.. The prices were really fair if not down right cheap..

Now there were some rare guns there. Saw A thumb Trigger Winchester, that was a bit higher then i would have liked but it was there.. I have never seen one in the Wild so to speak..

Now there were a lot of newer guns. Did not really price those..

Wonderful group of eateries outside..

The big Con I had was saw a gun right away and went to go to the background check guy, who was training someone how to do it.. Well I was a little fit to be tied.. Oh the guy was nice and was learning.. but an entire gun show starting and I'm left out of it? God will not permit this to happen! I will be allowed to fulfill my destiny. But we all have to start out sometime..
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

indy1919a4 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:34 pm Just got back, was real real impressed,,
Wow, ain't heard that in about 20 years. Glad it turned out well for you. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
butcharoot

Post by butcharoot »

It's super easy to get your Concealed Carry Permit, shop around for class prices. Do you have a C & R license?
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

They had a rule at the Fairgrounds that all transactions had a background check.. Even with Concealed carry etc.. Now I know this is crap and you know it is.. But to be fair to the dealers and promoters there, Its the world we live in...and they would not do it that way if there was not gnarly powers looking over them..
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

indy1919a4 wrote:They had a rule at the Fairgrounds that all transactions had a background check.. Even with Concealed carry etc.. Now I know this is crap and you know it is.. But to be fair to the dealers and promoters there, Its the world we live in...and they would not do it that way if there was not gnarly powers looking over them..
An FFL selling a firearm requires a background check, concealed carry or not. Private sales do not require a background check, concealed carry or not. So a license to carry doesn't come into this at all.

It's simply a rule of the venue.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

joker223

Post by joker223 »

It's an Orange County Ordinance passed back in May for gunshows and flea market sales.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/ora ... story.html
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

I have never had a CCW because I've never felt the need to carry....and to get one only to bypass waiting period requirements is essentially the same thing as an IL or MA "permit"......and I just refuse to do it....

As most of my firearms purchases are "impulse" buys, If I can't walk away with it after showing my ID, and giving the seller my money, I'll not buy it...

No more Orlando gun shows for me....ever.....