Lakeland Show--New Location July 21-22

joker223

Lakeland Show--New Location July 21-22

Post by joker223 »

The LRPC show is at a new location. I haven't been in a few years, so it may be time for me to make the trip. I have a few things I may take to sell.

http://lakelandgunclub.com/gun-show
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

if anything please come back and post a no B.S report of the show....a lot of folks are hopeful but skeptical
patw

Post by patw »

Is this sponsored by Shoot Straight? Do they have any restrictions at the show-ie., private sales,etc.?
joker223

Post by joker223 »

As far as I know, private sales are still allowed. It's sponsored by LRPC, not Shoot Straight. I quit going to the "big" shows in Lakeland a few years ago due to dwindling gun vendors, pay to park, long drive, etc. I hope this will be better and I'm thinking of making the trip tomorrow. I figure I won't be going back to the Orlando Show, so I may as well give it a try.
b1gb1rd

Post by b1gb1rd »

We set up today, its really tight in the building / hanger, they have 260 - 280 tables, no restrictions that I heard of on private sales, very difficult to get to and find, free parking but kinda skeptical on how that will work out with no parking on the grass, we shall see how it goes, if you need reloading supplies we are set up and packed with most everything, THX
joker223

Post by joker223 »

No parking on the grass due to rain I presume. Hmmm
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Tight, huh? Are the aisles like a scooter and half a baby stroller wide?

TippyRacer

Post by TippyRacer »

It’s Saturday, was thinking about going. Anybody there and want to give us a report?
I know nothing, and I can prove it.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Real nice show,,

Pros..

Lots of older wood and steel guns for on tables and walkins..
about 300 tables..
Nice diverse group of guns and dealers..
A real range of prices
Many people of the dealer class noted they were making sales
The Airport is pretty kick ass, with some nice display planes you can see for free
There was ample free parking , a lot of Taxiways
And they did have a shuttle to take you to or from your car
The hanger was Air conditioned

Cons,..

As with any 1st shows some crowd flow issues
The rows were tight, a few real tight (of course the plus side is more guns to sell)
There was not a lot of room to set around at during the show.
You were ether in the show or outside in the heat, they did have a shaded setting area to eat
There were a few places that parking was bad because the the grass was saturated. Best avoid them
The RP funding center is a nicer building, But did not have to pay for parking
Signage to get to the Gun show was lacking in the morning
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

I just got back.....It was refreshing to see a show with more private sellers/collectors than dealers peddling their everyday storefront wares.....felt like the show did back in the 80's / 90's....It's nice to be able to interact with actual enthusiasts as opposed to people just trying to make a dollar off of you....

Some of the Isles were pretty tight....I counted no less than 7 slow-moving wheelchairs, and at least 10 people with their "service animals" on leashes....the hangar was about 3/4 the size of the larger hall at the Civic Center.

Spoke with some of the guys from the LPRC.....their primary complaints were poor internet connectivity that caused credit card processing to be sketchy, lack of signage along the route, and most importantly, lack of an onsite ATM....

"Teething pains" that should be easy to work out.....