Best outdoor ranges in central florida

Situationalray

Best outdoor ranges in central florida

Post by Situationalray »

Lets get a list.

I need to go shooting and dont know where to go in this area. Heard there was a good one in leesburg area I thought
butcharoot

Post by butcharoot »

Tenoroc east of Lakeland, http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educati ... es/Tenoroc. $10.70 to shoot Rifle/Pistol as long as you want. Stop by Brew Hub for tasty beer and lunch afterwards.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

Triple N is very nice out south of Holopaw on 441. It's another FWC range with 50 ft, 25 yd pistol ranges, 100 and 200 yd rifle and 2 sporting Clays courses. $13 for rifle/ pistol and IIRC about $38/ 100 for clays if you bring gun and ammo. Open 5 days except Tues and Wed. Nothing close by for food and such tho. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Dade Cit gun club and Rod

Rifle (25/50/75/100 yard) and Pistol range with nice benches and Fans

Nice range staff
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Situationalray wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:25 am Heard there was a good one in leesburg area I thought
most call it the best range in FL, even though its primitive right now! :mrgreen:

Area Firearms Training Center

its best to check their Facebook page for info and directions, right now its only open on the weekends like 9 to 2, but they often have special events, so check before you go.

the just started pouring the concrete for the firing line, eventually will cover it, 100 yd berm, and steel at 200, 300, 400 and 500.....they have longer range available from the tower but you need to qualify. you need to bring everything, ez up tent, table ( there are some shooting benches ), targets, target stands...they do have a manual trap thrower that almost always available
Situationalray

Post by Situationalray »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:53 am
Situationalray wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:25 am Heard there was a good one in leesburg area I thought
most call it the best range in FL, even though its primitive right now! :mrgreen:

its best to check their Facebook page for info and directions, right now its only open on the weekends like 9 to 2, but they often have special events, so check before you go.

the just started pouring the concrete for the firing line, eventually will cover it, 100 yd berm, and steel at 200, 300, 400 and 500.....they have longer range available from the tower but you need to qualify. you need to bring everything, ez up tent, table ( there are some shooting benches ), targets, target stands...they do have a manual trap thrower that almost always available
Nice. When should they be finished?
Got a address for them?

Maybe i can update the origional post with all the ranges, hours of operation, addresses and prices
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Situationalray wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:53 pm
Nice. When should they be finished?
Got a address for them?

Maybe i can update the origional post with all the ranges, hours of operation, addresses and prices
they just started the concrete work this past weekend, I think ( work permitting ) we are headed out there next weekend if you want I can bring that coke machine out and you can at least meet us, check out the range and fire off a few rounds, bring your gun stuff because you'll be pissed to come out and not have your stuff to shoot

you'll have to get the info from FACEBOOK, while your there look us up

www.facebook.com/gunstockandbarrel
TippyRacer

Post by TippyRacer »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:53 am

Sheesh.

Proofreading - it’s not just for breakfast any more

Man I just wasted 20 minutes doing searches and coming up with squat. Then I accidentally stumbled upon it another way. It’s Ares Firearm Training!
:roll:

So for those who will search and find nothing, one letter makes all the difference. Ahem. Rent.

https://facebook.com/AresFirearmsTraining/
I know nothing, and I can prove it.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I blame voice to text....

Just like I was typing a witty response and it came up glow me....lol.... :mrgreen:
JBubba57

Post by JBubba57 »

Yeah, I shot at Ares at the recent full-auto Expo--got to try a Barrett 50 and suppressed Rem700, AR15's, and mp5. I had a great time. Mud (recent heavy rains) was an issue, though, getting around. I hope the range can do some improvements on its roads there, for that reason. My RSO there was super nice to me and the wife. We'll definitely go back.

I didn't like the National Forest range in the Ocala area. Way too busy. I haven't tried the Triple N or the new Kissimmee area WMA ranges.

(whipped this post out without checking the exact names of these places, so sorry if I'm a little off. you know the ones I'm talking about).
Member since early Obama regime
HK, Ruger, Browning fan