Best outdoor ranges in central florida

better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

We were at Ares yesterday, they have some concrete forms on the firing line getting ready to pour some slabs. Then they are planning to set some poles and put up some kind of cover over the firing line. Also, some bathrooms in the future.
The mud is a PITA for sure, but Trea (the owner) is pretty cool and is always accommodating to us.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

butcharoot wrote:Tenoroc east of Lakeland, http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educati ... es/Tenoroc. $10.70 to shoot Rifle/Pistol as long as you want. Stop by Brew Hub for tasty beer and lunch afterwards.
Brew Pop in Auburndale is like a subsidiary to Brew Hub, is closer to Tenoroc and had pretty good pizza.

I'm plugging them because they have good food and there is never anyone there...I don't want them to go out of business.

For the threads' sake, I shoot at Central Florida rifle and pistol club. It's all right. They are overly restrictive on some stuff(NFA, use of steel) in my opinion, but everyone there had always been nice and the ranges are kept up well enough.

I used to shoot at Port Malabar rifle and pistol club, which is a pretty awesome range. I met a lot of asshole members there and even had a dimwit start shooting when I was down range changing my target on the 200 yard range.

Titusville rifle and pistol was ok. Never anyone there and you didn't have to be a member to shoot as long as an RSO was there. Those dudes kept weird hours, hard to plan around.

There is/was a range up on US92 in Daytona, right off I4 that was decent if you got there early or during the work week. Weekends were crazy and you could have crazy wait times.

A buddy and I are going to go to Manatee gun club later this week. I'll report back on that one, although it may be a little further than you care to drive.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Phoenix Gun Club in Brookesville is small and pretty decent, but only open a few days a week. Otherwise Dade City Rod and Gun or Hernando Sportsman's Club.

Ocala public range is unmonitored and scary, but Harry Beckwith has a nice one. I like Teneroc best, but I'm further North.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Wyoming Antelope Club, Florida Chapter in Pinellas County.
100, 50, 25, 12 and 7. Most of the time 4 old guys are sitting and resting pistols with scopes at the 7 yard line. :lol:
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Saddle Creek Gun Range
3680 Morgan Combee Rd, Lakeland, FL 33801
It's nice run by the state.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Brandon H.

Post by Brandon H. »

butcharoot wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 am Tenoroc east of Lakeland, http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educati ... es/Tenoroc. $10.70 to shoot Rifle/Pistol as long as you want. Stop by Brew Hub for tasty beer and lunch afterwards.
I do the same exact thing 😀

Tenoroc for a little shooting, clays, or fishing, then Brew hub or Jimbo’s BBQ
Cwt7691

Post by Cwt7691 »

SCGAA Seminole County Gun and Archery Association ----Sanford,Fl
Central Florida Rifle and Pistol ----South Orlando
Eustis Gun Club

All of these North Central Florida gun ranges are safe, affordable and offer many disciplines and great people
Member since the early days
Semper Fi
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

JBubba57 wrote:Yeah, I shot at Ares at the recent full-auto Expo--got to try a Barrett 50 and suppressed Rem700, AR15's, and mp5. I had a great time. Mud (recent heavy rains) was an issue, though, getting around. I hope the range can do some improvements on its roads there, for that reason. My RSO there was super nice to me and the wife. We'll definitely go back.

I didn't like the National Forest range in the Ocala area. Way too busy. I haven't tried the Triple N or the new Kissimmee area WMA ranges.

(whipped this post out without checking the exact names of these places, so sorry if I'm a little off. you know the ones I'm talking about).
Triple-N is great. They have a 200-yard range available if you qualify to shoot it by putting 3/5 with 2 MOA or better at the 100-yard range. No .50 BMG’s allowed, though.
They also have a full sporting clays range.
R/Griff