$20 Transfer Fee

Citrusdude

Post by Citrusdude »

Titan Arms in South Lakeland. Was $15, raised to $20 in July.

Steve
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

N4KVE wrote:
Situationalray wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:22 am AndroCorp industries $35
They are real nice guys. I work next to them at the Miami Gun Show. By the way, Shoot Straight does transfers for $25. GARY.
Since when is SS $25? Last time I asked the Lakeland branch it was $50. Same for Apopka(although that was probably 10 years ago when I asked them).

Most places in Orlando, that I checked when I lived out there, was $40+.

Local pawn shop in Auburndale is $30. He sells guns at good prices, so I haven't had a need to buy new guns elsewhere, although I do mostly trading and buy used guns.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Greg

Post by Greg »

I stay very loyal to any shop that does low FFL fees
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

jwperry wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm Since when is SS $25? Last time I asked the Lakeland branch it was $50. Same for Apopka(although that was probably 10 years ago when I asked them).
I don’t really know. I asked last week, & was told $25. GARY.
fridlo

Post by fridlo »

$20 at Freedom Arms and Ammo in Rockledge.

Fridlo
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Greg wrote:I stay very loyal to any shop that does low FFL fees
Loyal customers often get cheaper transfers at many shops. As well as other perks. I hate the guys who ask what a transfer costs then complain about the $5 background check fee and a three day wait.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jwperry

Post by jwperry »

weaselfire wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:37 pm
Loyal customers often get cheaper transfers at many shops. As well as other perks. I hate the guys who ask what a transfer costs then complain about the $5 background check fee and a three day wait.

Jeff

It's the "free shipping" paradigm. The shipping cost obviously isn't being paid by the seller, it is being added into the price of the item sold. Many people will only look at items with free shipping or flat rate shipping when making their online purchases even though it will cost more in the long run. Personally, I'd rather FFLs throw in the $5 call in fee as opposed to adding another 'gotcha!' charge on the transfer. There was a dude who did that when I first moved to Auburndale. Not only did he tack on the extra $5 after I called and asked what the out the door price was, he then decided to play the cash only game when I arrived.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I don't pay anything :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
gforester

Post by gforester »

fridlo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 am $20 at Freedom Arms and Ammo in Rockledge.

Fridlo
Pretty good folks there at Freedom Firearms. I have a customer loyalty card from Freedom and every 5th transfer is free, just pay the $5 call in fee.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

jwperry wrote:
weaselfire wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Jeff

It's the "free shipping" paradigm. The shipping cost obviously isn't being paid by the seller, it is being added into the price of the item sold. Many people will only look at items with free shipping or flat rate shipping when making their online purchases even though it will cost more in the long run. Personally, I'd rather FFLs throw in the $5 call in fee as opposed to adding another 'gotcha!' charge on the transfer. There was a dude who did that when I first moved to Auburndale. Not only did he tack on the extra $5 after I called and asked what the out the door price was, he then decided to play the cash only game when I arrived.
It's two separate transactions. First you pay $5, then I run your background check. If you don't pass, you don't get a refund. If you pass, then I do the transfer.

If you'd rather, I can charge $25, none of which is refundable if you don't pass.

Jeff