$20 Transfer Fee

jwperry

Post by jwperry »

How many folks don't pass? What do you do with their firearms if they don't pass?
weaselfire wrote:
jwperry wrote:
weaselfire wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:37 pm Loyal customers often get cheaper transfers at many shops. As well as other perks. I hate the guys who ask what a transfer costs then complain about the $5 background check fee and a three day wait.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
It's the "free shipping" paradigm. The shipping cost obviously isn't being paid by the seller, it is being added into the price of the item sold. Many people will only look at items with free shipping or flat rate shipping when making their online purchases even though it will cost more in the long run. Personally, I'd rather FFLs throw in the $5 call in fee as opposed to adding another 'gotcha!' charge on the transfer. There was a dude who did that when I first moved to Auburndale. Not only did he tack on the extra $5 after I called and asked what the out the door price was, he then decided to play the cash only game when I arrived.
It's two separate transactions. First you pay $5, then I run your background check. If you don't pass, you don't get a refund. If you pass, then I do the transfer.

If you'd rather, I can charge $25, none of which is refundable if you don't pass.

Jeff

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Had this happen to customers when I worked for Palm Beach Shooting Center. 2 choices. Send the gun back to the original seller to give customer a refund. Offer to buy the gun from the customer at a reduced rate. Heck, we once had a Canadian who won a gun at a NRA dinner, who obviously was not allowed to purchase a gun here. The winner had to pick the gun up at the store. He took what we offered in cash. GARY.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 am Had this happen to customers when I worked for Palm Beach Shooting Center. 2 choices. Send the gun back to the original seller to give customer a refund. Offer to buy the gun from the customer at a reduced rate. Heck, we once had a Canadian who won a gun at a NRA dinner, who obviously was not allowed to purchase a gun here. The winner had to pick the gun up at the store. He took what we offered in cash. GARY.
This is off topic, but can you explain to me why PBSC's AC is ALWAYS broken and why there always seems to be lights out in the range?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Haven’t worked there in years, but the AC was turned off until people would complain, so then they would turn it on. They had the shortest “time to crime” figures. Time between a purchase, & when gun was used in a crime. Decent place to work, but they did not supply masks to employees who swept up the range at closing time. I had to buy my own. Other employees did not wear masks. Shoot Straight does supply masks to all employees. GARY
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 am Had this happen to customers when I worked for Palm Beach Shooting Center. 2 choices. Send the gun back to the original seller to give customer a refund. Offer to buy the gun from the customer at a reduced rate. Heck, we once had a Canadian who won a gun at a NRA dinner, who obviously was not allowed to purchase a gun here. The winner had to pick the gun up at the store. He took what we offered in cash. GARY.
Well that would suck. I can't think of many places that take returns on guns.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

And that’s what happened. The guy called the seller to return the gun, & was told to pound sand. So PBSC bought the gun at a wholesale price. Better than nothing. GARY
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

jwperry wrote:How many folks don't pass? What do you do with their firearms if they don't pass?
weaselfire wrote:
jwperry wrote:
It's the "free shipping" paradigm. The shipping cost obviously isn't being paid by the seller, it is being added into the price of the item sold. Many people will only look at items with free shipping or flat rate shipping when making their online purchases even though it will cost more in the long run. Personally, I'd rather FFLs throw in the $5 call in fee as opposed to adding another 'gotcha!' charge on the transfer. There was a dude who did that when I first moved to Auburndale. Not only did he tack on the extra $5 after I called and asked what the out the door price was, he then decided to play the cash only game when I arrived.
It's two separate transactions. First you pay $5, then I run your background check. If you don't pass, you don't get a refund. If you pass, then I do the transfer.

If you'd rather, I can charge $25, none of which is refundable if you don't pass.

Jeff

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
First, by law, anyone who is denied on a background check cannot legally get a firearm. Second, it's not their firearm until it gets transferred. If it's a transfer from another FFL, it gets returned to them.

A small percentage get denied. But a FFL is not supposed to transfer if they suspect that the customer may not be qualified or if they believe the customer might be a straw purchaser. We can refuse a transfer at any time and return the firearm to the seller.

Jeff

flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Any suggestions for an FFL to do transfers for a reasonable fee in the Sarasota area?

These guys are in Ellenton - just wondering if it can be done for the same or less here.

https://asapgun.com/ffl-transfers
Transfer fees:
$10 per transferred item
$5 Background check
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Casual

Post by Casual »

flcracker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:07 am Any suggestions for an FFL to do transfers for a reasonable fee in the Sarasota area?

These guys are in Ellenton - just wondering if it can be done for the same or less here.

https://asapgun.com/ffl-transfers
Transfer fees:
$10 per transferred item
$5 Background check
Bullet hole... downtown
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I pay 15.00..
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.