IDPA..........Wake up call

Discussions and notices of various shooting disciplines.
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: IDPA..........Wake up call

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Magnus DUX wrote: air-gunning 100 times. =:wvr =:wvr YUP
The ones you described I call cheaters.

exactly , cheaters and the air gunners are the best =:wvr ..................to laugh at, makes you wanna stay and heckle them while they are on the line....yelling draw and go before the BEEP ....lol
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:55 am

Even a poorly run match still gives way more great practice than most of us can do on our own.
All those props and courses of fire would be nearly impossible to do at our normal places to shoot.
Go and enjoy all the effort that others have put in for our benefit.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

ww45

Post by ww45 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Magnus DUX wrote: air-gunning 100 times. =:wvr =:wvr YUP
The ones you described I call cheaters.

exactly , cheaters and the air gunners are the best =:wvr ..................to laugh at, makes you wanna stay and heckle them while they are on the line....yelling draw and go before the BEEP ....lol
That will get you dismissed

I love being called a gamer, because that's what it is...a game. And most people play games to win or at least do their best, and get better each time.

Some guys prefer tactical training,others prefer the games. Each have a place and neither is "real world". Unless you're getting shot back at, which I've never experienced, it's not real world.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:58 pm

dismissed...you sound like a cry baby gamer who likes arguing for 20 min about your score =:wvr

I understand trying to do your best , but .....please .....dismissed =:wvr
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

ww45

Post by ww45 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:16 am

Rentprop1 wrote:dismissed...you sound like a cry baby gamer who likes arguing for 20 min about your score =:wvr

I will shush you when I'm running a shooter and you are heckling, if you do not shush you will be dismissed. It's courtesy.

Oh no...you called me a gamer

10.6.2 Other persons may be expelled from the range for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unacceptable. Examples of unacceptable conduct include, but are not limited to, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, interference with the operation of a course of fire and/or a competitor’s attempt thereof, and any other behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute.

Dragracer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragracer » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:26 am

=D>

ww45 wrote:
Rentprop1 wrote:dismissed...you sound like a cry baby gamer who likes arguing for 20 min about your score =:wvr

I will shush you when I'm running a shooter and you are heckling, if you do not shush you will be dismissed. It's courtesy.

Oh no...you called me a gamer

10.6.2 Other persons may be expelled from the range for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unacceptable. Examples of unacceptable conduct include, but are not limited to, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, interference with the operation of a course of fire and/or a competitor’s attempt thereof, and any other behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute.
Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:55 am

I'd bet if you went through a match with a lump of coal up your ass it would come out a diamond too....

How far have you gotten in life shushing people.....last person I knew that worked out for was a librarian . ...

If more than one person heckels someone do you have to call for a back up RSO ??

I'm too fat to run and gun and play Tactical commando but I'm all about going to have fun by shooting a stage clean and doing my best ....maybe trying to improve few seconds the next time , but how often do you really get to shoot the same exact stage to compare yourself to :-k ..... if you're not in law enforcement or a SWAT guy most of this is just a fantasy shooting anyways .....let's call it pretend for the dreamers that one day make it to clear a house.....you're almost better off playing call of duty at home ......worst case is your momma will shush you ....lol

ww45

Post by ww45 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:52 am

Whatever tough guy. All I can say is bring your noise and see what happens. We have rules you don't seem to like, so why go?

Btw. I shoot USPSA. I'm 52 years old and not fat. I don't do it for any type of tactical training. It isnt. I do it for fun. You can find me all over the state on any given weekend. Come on down to Frostproof in a couple weeks for the Florida State Championship and try heckling a shooter. It would get interesting rapidly. Lol

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:28 am

I wouldn't drive to Frostproof for a free Tai hooker massage....when is a local match, I'd show up in a gorilla suit with a sponsored gamer shirt with my name on it and a cheerleading squad, don't any of you guys shoot it with a regular t-shirt, or do you always have to play the roll =:wvr ...I guarantee I'd embarrass the hell out of you ...probably enough you wouldn't wanna show up to the next match [smilie=011.gif]

Magnus DUX
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Magnus DUX » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:31 am

[smilie=popcorn.gif]
/:f

ww45

Post by ww45 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Williston. Saturday. Come on up. I think you will enjoy USPSA more than IDPA anyway. At least we admit it's all just a game.

BYOTH
(Bring Your Own Tai Hooker)

Magnus DUX
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Magnus DUX » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:36 pm

ww45 wrote:. I think you will enjoy USPSA more than IDPA anyway. At least we admit it's all just a game.
I havent met anyone who shot IDPA and USPSA and liked IDPA better.
After the new scoring rules go in effect- IDPA will be even slower game than before. They will lose more people to USPSA.
I have nothing against IDPA- I just don't like so many rules :))
My take is- USPSA let's you pretty much figure out your shooting plan on your own, just shoot targets fast and accurate. If somebody wants to be all "tactical" and slice the pie or retain his mags or shoot from the cover- be my guest, its not prohibited.
So USPSA let's you do almost everything IDPA does but you have a choice of pushing your limits of "fast and accurate" beyond IDPA limits.
/:f

ADulay

Post by ADulay » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

You know, if I was brand new to shooting or guns or concealed carry and took what I read in these never ending threads all over the internet about IDPA/USPSA and how horrible (or good) each one is, I would never even consider showing up at a local match.

Obviously the reality of this is that you don't need a $5000 gun to shoot USPSA and you can run IDPA with three basic rules. Everything else is just people on the net trying to make sure "their" particular venue is viewed as the best one.

Anybody reading this who is relatively new to working with your sidearm, be sure and at least give it a try. New shooters are always welcomed to both sports. You will not be picked on, made fun of, laughed at (except by your own friends) and you WILL get much better with your sidearm and you WILL make new friends. Large groups of people with guns just tend to be friendly!

AD

PS: What are the three "basic" rules of IDPA?
1. Hide your sidearm at the start.
2. Don't drop your ammo.
3. Don't stand in front of an unengaged target.

I just don't get all the fuss about the differences between the two shooting sports. They are two different games. Deal with it.
NRA Life - IDPA - ABATE - AMA
Viet-Nam Helicopter Pilots - Life
Open Carry advocate - Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Instructor

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:13 pm

yeah, but then you have crybabies like Wayne who take stuff off the forum to his facebook page ....seriously [-(

you may have been picked last at kickball and were known for yelling " do over " each time things didn't go your way but in the real world of gamers and serious shooters we are all just not worthy.....right

he's got his posse daring me to show up and heckle them =:wvr ...be on the look out for a guy in a diaper with a strap on dildo and a Rudy Jersey

you're now my biggest fan =:bye

ww45

Post by ww45 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Missed you at Williston, Timmy.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:11 pm

If you wanna a little taste accept my friend request on FB... [smilie=011.gif]

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:39 am

Heckle away, as much as you like.
The more distractions, the better.
The first group of folks I got involved with made distractions part of the courses of fire.
Lots of noise, yelling from the side lines, flashing lights, sirens going off, whatever their diabolic minds could come up with.
And lots of surprise targets.
The best part was that nobody knew the course of fire until they stepped through the door or around the vision barrier.
All part of the challenge and fun.
Anyone who is disturbed by it just isn't focused.
What do you think happens in the real world when the action starts?
Chaos reigns.
And remember the immortal words of Hemingway.
The only true sports are mountain climbing, bull fighting and motor sports.
All the rest are games.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:38 am

dang g you get around...yer everywhere fella
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein