Decent Melbourne Show this weekend

Gregg

Decent Melbourne Show this weekend

Post by Gregg »

Bigger crowd than I expected, with many smaller dealers with older military stuff for a change; saw 8 Japanese rifles, a record for this year.
Yes, there was lots and lots of AR-15 stuff.
Some excellent deals on reloading supplies, $20 per 1000 primers!
Ammo prices were good, picked up 200 rounds of PPU manufactured 30 Mauser (7.63x25) for $90.
Saw many good deals this morning when my son and I was there.
Next show Feb 2 & 3, 2019.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Many thanks for that man on the street report..

Pray tell what will you be putting all that 30 cal mauser through???
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Just built up a few project Broomhandle Mausers.
I've had a pile of Broomhandle Mauser parts in a "Project Box" for about 30 years, and now that I'm retired, I finally had the time to build up three decent "shooters".
They are totally mismatched, but they all will work.

I'll shoot the factory ammo, then reload them.
joker223

Post by joker223 »

I haven't been over to that show in a while. I may try and get there in Feb. to check it out.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:22 pm Bigger crowd than I expected, with many smaller dealers with older military stuff for a change; saw 8 Japanese rifles, a record for this year.
Ammo prices were good, picked up 200 rounds of PPU manufactured 30 Mauser (7.63x25) for $90.
Did you happen to notice how many people were actually filling out 4473’s? The same promoter did the WPB show a few weeks ago, & there were plenty of people there, & plenty of great deals. But very few were actually buying guns. So the promoter goes home with a bundle of cash, & the FFL’s go home with a few hundred $. GARY
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm Just built up a few project Broomhandle Mausers.
I've had a pile of Broomhandle Mauser parts in a "Project Box" for about 30 years, and now that I'm retired, I finally had the time to build up three decent "shooters".

Cool, got any photos.. You know being mismatched did not seem to be as big a deal 10 - 20 years ago.. I remember not even looking years ago..
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:26 pm
Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:22 pm Bigger crowd than I expected, with many smaller dealers with older military stuff for a change; saw 8 Japanese rifles, a record for this year.
Did you happen to notice how many people were actually filling out 4473’s? The same promoter did the WPB show a few weeks ago, & there were plenty of people there, & plenty of great deals. But very few were actually buying guns. So the promoter goes home with a bundle of cash, & the FFL’s go home with a few hundred $. GARY
I did see a few people filling out forms, but not that many.
But there were guns being sold via private sales, with no paperwork.
My son bought a Israeli reworked 7.62 98K, from a private seller with just a check of his CCW and driver's license.
Ammo was selling well, saw many people carrying out ammo.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

indy1919a4 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:41 pm
Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:35 pm Just built up a few project Broomhandle Mausers.

Cool, got any photos.. You know being mismatched did not seem to be as big a deal 10 - 20 years ago.. I remember not even looking years ago..
Send me your email address, and I'll send photos.
PM me, if you do not wish to post your email address on the open forum.

Gregg