User mention

Questions regarding any FSN board problems. This is NOT a firearms "help" forum.
Legio
Site Admin

User mention

Post by Legio »

I just added a new function. User mention.

If you want to mention a user just start with the at-sign (@) like in Twitter and start typing the user name. You will see a list of users and you can pick the one you want to mention. The user mention will advise the user that you mentioned him.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

[mention]Legio[/mention]

Sweet.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Skoll wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:12 pm @Legio

Sweet.
And it worked too. Just got notified.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

That's why I tagged you. Just wanted to make sure.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

[mention]Skoll[/mention] doing the same for you to see.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Yup. Works perfectly.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

[mention]Springfield[/mention] - see if I get notified, since I stopped getting board notices to my email . . .
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Springfield wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:43 pm @Springfield - see if I get notified, since I stopped getting board notices to my email . . .
As soon as I move to my server, it will be restored. Then I’ll decide on our future home. Right now I finished dealing with the spammers and that was a job on itself, adding a couple functions because I can then move.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Legio wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:45 am I just added a new function. User mention.

If you want to mention a user just start with the ampersand (@) like in Twitter and start typing the user name. You will see a list of users and you can pick the one you want to mention. The user mention will advise the user that you mentioned him.
[mention]Legio[/mention] [mention]FfNJGTFO[/mention] Seems to work!

Oh and, not to be anal, but... "@" is the "at sign." Ampersand is "&" :mrgreen:
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:36 pm Oh and, not to be anal, but... "@" is the "at sign." Ampersand is "&" :mrgreen:
You are right. I wanted to show off with a fancy word and got caught. That word was supposed to be “arobase” which is not even English. Original post corrected.