C&R application question

The art of collecting C&R firearms including: Mausers, Mosins, Enfields and others. Got questons on C&R Licenses? Ask here.
cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

C&R application question

Post by cvasqu03 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:53 pm

Hey guys, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. If I live in Miami around SW 127th Ave, and 47th Street, who is the CLEO that I need to send my copy of my C&R application to? Would it be City of Miami, Metro-Dade or other?
If you're going to knock a man down, do it so he can't get up.

g34man
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g34man » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:02 pm

Your in Unic Miami Dade so

Director, Robert Parker
9105 Northwest 25th Street
Doral, FL 33172-1500 USA

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Post by cvasqu03 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:25 pm

Awsome.

Thanks man.

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Re: C&R application question

Post by cvasqu03 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Hey,

I'm needing to send a renewal this month and was wondering if I should still address the copy to the same guy and address?

I'm still living in the same place.

Does anyone know?

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 pm

cvasqu03 wrote:Hey,

I'm needing to send a renewal this month and was wondering if I should still address the copy to the same guy and address?

I'm still living in the same place.

Does anyone know?
You already did it once. This is not a new application, so no, don't bother.
There's a storm coming.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 am

Please put a note on the front that says: FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ACTION REQUIRED.
Not doing that is usually OK in bigger jurisdictions but with new personnel or a small locale with few C&Rs they may not be able to translate the federal bureaucratese, think they have to do something and show up at your door or call.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 pm

jjk308 wrote:Please put a note on the front that says: FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ACTION REQUIRED.
Not doing that is usually OK in bigger jurisdictions but with new personnel or a small locale with few C&Rs they may not be able to translate the federal bureaucratese, think they have to do something and show up at your door or call.
You are absolutely correct. I put that cover sheet on mine after I read a thread on the C&R boards that a guy got his back from the police, with something like: "APPLICATION DENIED!" scrawled across it.
I may have preceede it with " Courtesy Notification As Required By ATF", then the rest, as above.
There's a storm coming.

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Post by cvasqu03 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks guys, I got everything mailed out OK. I do include a cover letter that tells them that it's for information only and nothing is required on their part. I've never had a problem with it and this will be my third time mailing it out, I just wasn't sure if this same guy was still there. In any case, somebody signed for it and I got back the return receipt card so I'm covered as far as proving I'd sent a copy out..