J. Stevens Arms Company Single shot .22

The art of collecting C&R firearms including: Mausers, Mosins, Enfields and others. Got questons on C&R Licenses? Ask here.
Srasel79
Executive Member
Executive Member

J. Stevens Arms Company Single shot .22

Post by Srasel79 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:56 pm

I wanted to see if anyone has any info about this gun. It was my fathers and I used it 22 years ago to kill snakes and now it has been passed to me. I think it might be a Model 35 target pistol built between 1920-1940. I know the handle is not original and its probably not valuable due to poor care. I tried cleaning the bore and I think it might be pitted in one spot. The serial # is 42036 made in Chicopee Falls.Mass.U.S.A. Any info on the build date or anything else will be appreciated.

Image[/url][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Re: J. Stevens Arms Company Single shot .22

Post by jjk308 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 am

I wish I could help but unfortunately there's no collectors organization I know of and little info on them aside from production amounts and dates. Yours is probably the 2nd series, post WWI, and if serials were in line with production, sometime around 1939-40
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.