Mauser reference site or book

The art of collecting C&R firearms including: Mausers, Mosins, Enfields and others. Got questons on C&R Licenses? Ask here.
srqsteve
Contributor
Contributor

Mauser reference site or book

Post by srqsteve » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Does anyone know of a good reference site for Mausers or maybe a book that I should get? I have a friend who has asked me to help him sell his (4 total) and I know very little about them. Don't know what they are worth.
NRA Life Member
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from his government"
Thomas Paine

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Mauser reference site or book

Post by Wulfmann » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:12 pm

There are a variety of Mauser boards and you can always type the model/maker/country of each Mauser into the Curio and Relic section search on Gunbroker to see what some are selling for.

The WWII K98k are a subject to themselves in the Mauser world.
If you post what you have here I can give you an idea [smilie=pdt_xtremez_23.gif]

Wulfmann /:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

jmikeb653
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jmikeb653 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Wulfmann wrote:There are a variety of Mauser boards and you can always type the model/maker/country of each Mauser into the Curio and Relic section search on Gunbroker to see what some are selling for.

The WWII K98k are a subject to themselves in the Mauser world.
If you post what you have here I can give you an idea [smilie=pdt_xtremez_23.gif]

Wulfmann /:f
+1 for Wulfmann.... i have this one and it is pretty much a Mauser Bible: Mauser Bolt Rifles, by Ludwig Olsen http://www.amazon.com/Mauser-Bolt-Rifle ... dwig+olson
It ain't cheap though and is a Collectors/Historians guide, not a gun valuator.... for that the Blue Book of Gun Values will kinda get you in the ballpark: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Book-Gun-Val ... gun+values
Good Luck! jim
"Try never to run out of smokes, ammo and luck all at the same time. But remember, if you have ammo, you can always get more smokes, and make your own luck."—G.K. Shirpa
wakkoss wrote:
" Good thing for me that I don't wear panties. I freeball with support from a small glob of firm tofu."

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm

I've found the Blue Book to be pretty bad on milsurps.

Why not list the rifles, maker, dates, model, condition here and we can tell you. Having bought and sold over 100 Mausers I might have a fair idea of what some are worth.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Villafuego

Post by Villafuego » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 pm

jjk308 wrote:I've found the Blue Book to be pretty bad on milsurps.

Why not list the rifles, maker, dates, model, condition here and we can tell you. Having bought and sold over 100 Mausers I might have a fair idea of what some are worth.
A big +1 on the above.....the "Blue Book" isn't even close to actual selling prices......