Florida now has a dedicated NFA examiner!

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Florida now has a dedicated NFA examiner!

Post by tony k » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:09 pm

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2011/ ... y-atf.html

June 17, 2011
GEOGRAPHIC DISTRIBUTION OF NFA APPLICATIONS FOR PROCESSING BY ATF

The ATF National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch is pleased to announce that as of July 2011, ATF Forms 1, 2, 10 and ATF Form 5320.20 will be assigned to a legal instruments examiner for processing according to the State of the applicant’s address. The NFA Branch also will begin assigning ATF Forms 3, 4 and 9 applications to examiners by the State of the transferor’s address. Applications already pending at the time of the change will continue to be processed by the examiner to whom they were previously assigned. Historically, applications in the NFA Branch have been assigned to legal instruments examiners alphabetically based on the name of the transferor or applicant. A chart showing the new assignment distribution is below.

We expect this change in the assignment of applications to better enable NFA examiners to develop State law expertise and more knowledgeably and effectively respond to our customers during an era of unprecedented and ever increasing application volume. Please contact the NFA Branch at 304-616-4500 with any questions about this change.

NFA Examiner Assignment Distribution (effective July 2011)

Nicole Dudash — IL, IN, OH, PA
Chris Farris — AK, CT, MA, ME, MI, NH, RI, VT
Ann Feltner — AZ, CA, NM, NV
Jason Frushour — CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WI, WY
Sara Jones — LA, TX
Albert Lamberger — AL, FL, TN
Dana Pickles — DE, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, VA, WV
Suzanne Santamaria — GA, SC
William Shipman — AR, HI, IA, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, OK
Sandra Snook —ID, OR, WA

Applications from the District Of Columbia and US Territories Will be Assigned to the Supervisory Legal Instruments Examiner

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Florida now has a dedicated NFA examiner!

Post by tony k » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 pm

BTW, Mr. Lamberger has handled my last few transfers (and Eric's transfers as well). Like all examiners he is buried in forms, but he's trying his best to dig his way out.

He has been great to work with -- called me immediately whenever he ran into a problem, and he actually gave me his personal cell-phone number to contact him directly whenever I needed.

And whenever he needed additional documentation, I overnighted it to him, and the applications were always approved the same day he received the paperwork.

I'm really pleased that Florida drew him!

wakkoss
BANNED

Post by wakkoss » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:27 pm

That sounds great. I just sent in two F4s the other day, maybe they'll land on his desk!
NRA Life Member - GOA Life Member
"That guy way-co, or whacko, he's just an a;;h;;e!" "yep...still an a;;h;;e"
Mom says when I grow up, I could be anything I wanted to...so I became an a;;h;;e!

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Maybe im wrong, but wont this potentially increase wait times?
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

crumis

Post by crumis » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:15 am

Mr Lamberger is great to work with. I once had a brain fart and did not print my form 4s out front to back and he glued them together for me and gave me a courtesy call to remind me to print them out Fr/Bk. Usually any problem results with forms being returned. Also during election I sent in a form 4 for customer and the customer sent in form 1 on same day, they were stamped recieved within a day of each other but I got form 4 in 2 months and form 1 for the same customer took 4 months. Mr L did 4 another examiner did form 1. Glad we get to keep him.

Chuck
Ancient City Shooting Range
85 Range Drive
St Augustine,FL 32092
904-808-8559
www.attac-fl.com/

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tony k » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:33 am

molivo wrote:Maybe im wrong, but wont this potentially increase wait times?
No, it should potentially speed things up.

Many states have their own laws affecting NFA -- some states require C&R licenses; others allow SBS's but not SBRs, etc.; in Louisiana, every transfer must be pre-approved by the state police in addition to the CLEO or trust...

Under the old system, unless the NFA examiner was really familiar with a particular state's laws, they had to research current state law before processing every application.

By concentrating on two or three states, the examiners should get familiar enough with state laws -- and more easily stay current on that state -- so it saves the research time.

Fer instance, did you know that up until this month, in N.C. the only valid reason you could put on a Form 4 for machine guns was "for scientific research," and that NC law prohibited trusts from owning MGs, though trusts could lawfully own any other NFA? And that that all is changing with a law signed yesterday, and taking effect Dec. 1. So which is easier: Getting ten examiners to undertand and remember the new requirements for NC NFA transfers ... or have only one examiner having to know it?

wakkoss
BANNED

Post by wakkoss » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:47 pm

I just sent some forms in, as soon as they return I'll update who signed and the timeline. I'm optimistic.
Mom says when I grow up, I could be anything I wanted to...so I became an a;;h;;e!

envyrabid

Post by envyrabid » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:44 am

Shitty news.... Spoke to Linda at the NFA Branch just now and she says Lamberger is taking 5 months AFTER "Pending" status. This is gonna be a while.... *sigh*

I've got a timeline... are we gonna make a sticky thread for this or something or just use nfatracker?
Respect existence, or expect resistance. A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves.

JustinL

Post by JustinL » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:08 pm

envyrabid wrote:Shitty news.... Spoke to Linda at the NFA Branch just now and she says Lamberger is taking 5 months AFTER "Pending" status. This is gonna be a while.... *sigh*
I was told this about Shipman too not two weeks ago. I wonder if they are not just giving a blanket answer of 5 months so that people will stop calling.

tony k
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tony k » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 pm

JustinL wrote:
envyrabid wrote:Shitty news.... Spoke to Linda at the NFA Branch just now and she says Lamberger is taking 5 months AFTER "Pending" status. This is gonna be a while.... *sigh*
I was told this about Shipman too not two weeks ago. I wonder if they are not just giving a blanket answer of 5 months so that people will stop calling.
Bingo!

envyrabid

Post by envyrabid » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Yup, that's exactly what it is. They are saying the same thing to everyone... that's pretty good I think because chances are it wont be more than 5 months. That's still a long time, but I've heard of people waiting an entire year. From the research I've done, Lamberger is taking an average of 3-3.5months from pending-to-approved.
Respect existence, or expect resistance. A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves.

wakkoss
BANNED

Post by wakkoss » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm at 3 months today, but that's not with Lamberger.

BMW GUY
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BMW GUY » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:32 pm

That waiting game sucks. Mine is pending since mid August ](*,) I hope to get this done before the year is up.

JustinL

Post by JustinL » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:14 am

FWIW the item in question that I was told would take another two months to clear (per the lady on the phone) was approved late last week. That was about 10-14 days after I called them.

yyzChris

Post by yyzChris » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 am

JustinL wrote:FWIW the item in question that I was told would take another two months to clear (per the lady on the phone) was approved late last week. That was about 10-14 days after I called them.
What was your actual wait time?

JustinL

Post by JustinL » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:56 pm

yyzChris wrote:
JustinL wrote:FWIW the item in question that I was told would take another two months to clear (per the lady on the phone) was approved late last week. That was about 10-14 days after I called them.
What was your actual wait time?
Form 4 Trust
Purchased 5/28
Pending 6/22
Approved 9/19
Stamp Arrived 10/3
Picked up: 10/5

I am surprised it took two weeks to go from Approved to my FFL/SOT having the stamp in hand. I've seen that take as little as 2 days for another FFL/SOT in town earlier this year. Still I am not complaining.

jta

Post by jta » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:36 am

BMW GUY wrote:That waiting game sucks. Mine is pending since mid August ](*,) I hope to get this done before the year is up.
Did you get it yet? Was it with Lamberger?

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:24 am

i really want a can but despise the wait after having to ask PLEASE, wish we could get cans de regulated or just sold like a gun
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

jta

Post by jta » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:36 am

NonConformist wrote:i really want a can but despise the wait after having to ask PLEASE, wish we could get cans de regulated or just sold like a gun
Me too. I've got 2 form 4's out now. :( The system we have now is our gov at it's finest. ](*,)

sterling991
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sterling991 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 pm

I've got a form 4 out. Package should arrive today. I anticipate 4/5 months. I will make one call in 30 days to insure pending and will then settle in for the wait. Here we go again.....