PCC thread

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
Deputydave

PCC thread

Post by Deputydave »

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this thread, if the mods feel it's more appropriate elsewhere please feel free to move it.

Who has a PCC (pistol caliber carbine)?

I have a gen 2 Sub 2K in FDE that uses Glock magazines. I like it quite a bit. Small enough to fit in a small laptop back or sling bag for low profile. Very accurate and pleasant to shoot. I ordered a buffer pad to make it a little easier on the cheek while shooting. Considering one of those red dot swivel mounts and flashlight as an accessory.

Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Shopping for a B&T APC45 to SBR...

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Sweet. What do you feed it?
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I thought about PCC for long time as an ideal car/travel gun. I looked as Beretta, Kel-Tec, CZ, etc. but I wanted a 9mm AR pistol as I'm familiar with AR family of weapons. However it seemed everybody who had one was complaining about lack of reliability. Finally I decided to get a 223/5.56 caliber AR pistol with 10.5" barrel instead. My decision was based on the effectiveness of .223/5.56 round. I've had it for about 9 months now and I've fired about 1,000 rounds of various surplus and new commercial rounds and have not had one malfunction. I've settled on Speer .223 Gold Dot 64gr JSP as the primary SD ammo and even took a 120lb. hog with one round of this ammo. Shot from about 35 yards, the hog dropped immediately and the exit wound was impressive. I may look for a AR upper with 7.5" barrel in future to see how that works.

You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
joker223

Post by joker223 »

Yeah, I just recenlty bought kel tech gen 2. I put a Mcarbo trigger kit in it--they had a sale for 25% off, so I bought it. I bought the flat trigger option and really like it.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Deputydave wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 pm Sweet. What do you feed it?
Regular ol' .45 230g
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 pm Shopping for a B&T APC45 to SBR...

I've been thing about getting one of those. Eventually I will. But I had to get rid of my HUMMER and got a new truck along with a truck payment :? So I'm on a budget now. But when PSA comes out with their mp5 for under a grand I'll be all over that.

That's a real nice weapon right there rent. I bet that suppresses real nicely also. I got the SIG MPX GEN 2 after seeing yours. I put the HYBRID on it with a ILWT 4.5 in. barrel with a 3 lug adaptor.

That has very quickly became my favorite weapon to shoot. I had to do a ramp job on it though because it kept jamming. Now it eats everything I feed it and has not jammed once.

Shot 1200 rds through it once before cleaning it and no jams. I did have the BFS 3 trigger in it and it rocked. But I sold it after the B'S Scott and his minion pasted. :evil:

I want one of the gen 2 Sub 2K in FDE that uses Glock magazines also. I really like those weapons. They about the coolest things I've seen for a back pack/truck gun/home defense gun. With a 50 rd drum and suppressor it would rock.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 am
That's a real nice weapon right there rent.

What did you call me?! :x

I'm not Rent...I'm a man... :lol:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 am
Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 am
That's a real nice weapon right there rent.

What did you call me?! :x

I'm not Rent...I'm a man... :lol:
Oh sorry I was looking just at the avatar sorryyyy :lol: you and rent have the same exact avatar. Are you two related ;)
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:54 pm
...you and rent have the same exact avatar. Are you two related? ;)
Not yet... :mrgreen: