PCC thread

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
gforester

Post by gforester »

I am pretty partial to my CX4 carbine. It shares mags with my PX4 pistols and with a magwell change it will take my 92FS mags.I have used it in conjunction with my PX4 full size in 2 gun matches and it is accurate out to 100 yards using 115 grain FMJ's loaded to +P specs.

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Deputydave wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:37 am Well the slide-on pad for the buffer tube and the buffer cylinder arrived. Easy enough task to install both of them. The buffer cylinder is suppose to reduce recoil by 30% and the pad should make for a more pleasant shoot as far as a cheek rest. Being a 9mm the recoil wasn't all that much obviously, but resting your cheek on that bare metal buffer tube shot after shot started to hurt after a while. Hopefully get out the the range again Friday or Saturday to try it out again and see the difference and check function.
Went to the range yesterday to test a couple of firearms. One of them was the Sub 2K in my OP with the upgrades listed above. I was VERY pleased with the 2K! Before my right cheek was sore for days after shooting the 2K. Although it's 'only' a 9mm, it's a light platform and that recoil on a bare metal buffer tube against the cheek was rather unpleasant. The buffer tube cover went a long way towards adding a level of comfort. After shooting I have zero soreness in my cheek. So thumbs up on that little addition. The claim was that felt recoil would be reduced 30% with that tube insert and I'd say that's pretty accurate. Overall if did feel much softer and more manageable. So again. thumbs up on a simple and inexpensive addition to the 2K.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Attached a Convoy S2+ to the bottom rail for use as a tac light. Provides 500+ lumens on high with decent throw and a clean spill. My nephew has a gen 2 Sub 2K and is planning on upgrading the trigger, trigger guard and feed ramp with metal aftermarket parts in a few weeks. My consider doing this as well depending on how well it works for him.

Still considering a red dot on that adjustable mount, just wish it was less expensive.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Changed the tac light from a Convoy S2+ to a BLF A6. Same general design (18650 tube light) but the A6 has over twice the lumens (1200-1600 depending on the battery).

The BLF A6 is the same light as the Astrolux S1. Information on both can be found here:

http://sepboard.us/showthread.php?tid=456
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

for those who like to get Greasy.... :mrgreen:
Beck77

Post by Beck77 »

Palmetto State Armory 10.5" 9MM GX M-LOK MOE SHOCKWAVE PISTOL, so far this AR has been flawless. I added a Sig Romeo5 red dot a few weeks ago.
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

Does a lever action rifle in .44 count?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

jaytwillerham wrote:Does a lever action rifle in .44 count?
Damskippy! Marlin 1894C, here.
Would like to try out the Ruger 9mm, though. Maybe the Hi-Point...Lifetime warranty.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

for you locals, Sunday February 17th there is a PCC match at Hernando