Help picking pistol suppressor

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Help picking pistol suppressor

Post by Gregh181 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:55 pm

Hey guys just got my SR-5 suppressor this week for my SBR. Now I’d like to get one for my Glock 19’s. Local gun store has an Octane 45k. Multi caliber which i really like since I could use it on a 1911 or G21. Any good? Any cans that y’all recommend? LGS also has an Osprey 45 can.

If helpful my Glock setup is simple. KKM barrel and trl1 light and trijicon HD’s. Was thinking of just buying a suppressor specific slide for my Glocks.
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Help picking pistol suppressor

Post by flashooter22 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:24 pm

The octane is a good choice. I just went with an Ghost M and was closely torn between that and the rugged obsidian 45. I wanted something that was modular and could convert between long and k configuration and work on multi calibers.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Did you have to get suppressor sights?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:18 am

Just got a vented forward assist and I’m gonna see how the gas to the face is w my BCM gunfighter. If bad I’ll get an AXTS freedom bone. Sorry this is for my 11.5 BCM SBR w SR5 suppressor

NRA Benefactor Member

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:08 am

flashooter22 wrote:The octane is a good choice. I just went with an Ghost M and was closely torn between that and the rugged obsidian 45. I wanted something that was modular and could convert between long and k configuration and work on multi calibers.
I don't own a Ghost, but my Obsidian and my Resistance are great cans

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:32 pm

I vote Ghost, its a 1.35 diameter can, you can sight down the top of the can, or go with suppressor height sights if your anal
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:43 pm

Ok so 2 of ya saying Ghost. I’ve looked it up I can order it from my LGS and their silencer shop kiosk. Super easy

NRA Benefactor Member

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:02 pm

Silencershop isn't the end all of ordering a can check out the prices at gun pro deals I've had a couple FSN members just order it and have it transferred in cheaper. Of course you'd have to pay a transfer fee but no tax...

Unless you like the convenience of the kiosk, and not sure how much they charge for that. I do the paperwork as part of the transfer fee, other shops may not. But it's your money.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:12 pm

To answer your question it’s no big for me to not use the kiosk. I have a trust as well w an SBR. It was just a smooth process when I did my last can w the kiosk. I just wanna get the best can for my G19’s. Price isn’t a factor I don’t mind paying for quality

NRA Benefactor Member