Hybrid question

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hybrid question

Post by firemedic2000 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:06 pm

I noticed with the hybrid that the end caps will loosen while shooting. What's the best way to keep them from loosening up. Notice that in some instances I was able to twist off with just my hand. Even after tightening down pretty hard.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Hybrid question

Post by Dave M » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Will the heat deteriate the properties of blue loctite?

I have not shot mine yet, I will keep an eye on it.

I'm shooting mine on a 6.5 Grendel, what were you shooting yours on?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:27 am

I've shot it on a 223 and 6.8 spc AR, 308 bolt gun

I just got a piston in for a 9mm and wanted to test fit it. Sure enough I could unscrew the end caps by hand. So I was wondering if there was a secret to putting these end caps on and them staying tight.

I'll post this over on arfcom also if I get an answer I'll post it back here.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:17 pm

What size end cap did you use for your 6.8?

I was debating about buying the 7.62 cap, or buying the 5.56 size and then drill it out to 7mm. If is only young to be used on my 6.5 right now.

How were the results on the 308, compared to the 6.8?

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Dave M wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:17 pm
What size end cap did you use for your 6.8?

I was debating about buying the 7.62 cap, or buying the 5.56 size and then drill it out to 7mm. If is only young to be used on my 6.5 right now.

How were the results on the 308, compared to the 6.8?

I use the 7.62 end cap for the 6.8 but you can use what ever end cap is closest to the 6.8 diameter or drill one out.

The hybrid works great on any weapon I've used it on. I really can't tell alot of difference between dedicated cans. I have 8 other suppressors besides the hybrid. Including the Griffin ALPHA and RSTA and Yankeehill TI 308 cans. So the hybrid holds it's own.

Check around I think they make a 6.8 end cap or somebody does.

I've shot it on everything but handguns. I just got a 9mm piston. SAMS Club sell reall nice cases for 19.00 I bought for it and all the parts.

But I really like the hybrid. It's just heavier than dedicated pistol suppressor but so what, you'll never notice once you start shooting [smilie=011.gif]

Actually the hybrid works better than my Griffin RECCE 5 MOD3 5.56 I think.