CLEO question

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

CLEO question

Post by neverenoughguns » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Going through Silencer Shop for a new form 1. First one I have filled out since the big change of 2016. Thought I would go through SS because of the prints, photos, etc. They have Pam Bondi listed as the CLEO. Does that seem right? Anyone think that is a good idea?

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Re: CLEO question

Post by Dave M » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 pm

When I sent in my own form 4 , I dropped it off at the pen pines PD office, in care of chief of PD.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Sheriff of your County.

"For Info Only. No Requirement to Retain." on outside of envelope.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:32 pm

It can go to any of these:

Chief of Police
Sheriff
Head of the State Police
State or local district attorney or prosecutor. ( hence Pam Bondi )
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Chief of Police
Sheriff
Head of the State Police
Who would you rather it went to? My preference is none of the above but that is not really an option. I was thinking that the state might be more apt to keep the applications and therefore they would be subject to Sunshine Laws...

Casual
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Casual » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 pm

I just did my form 1 from my laptop at home via silencershop... quick easy... less than 10 minutes
"What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?"

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

neverenoughguns wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:31 pm
Rentprop1 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Chief of Police
Sheriff
Head of the State Police
Who would you rather it went to? My preference is none of the above but that is not really an option. I was thinking that the state might be more apt to keep the applications and therefore they would be subject to Sunshine Laws...
Most of the time I just send them to the local sheriff and be done with it

My worry was sending forms in post 41f but prior to the election especially if you had no idea if that particular Sheriff would be retained in office.... I did send a bunch to Pam Bondi and only one was returned ....we called up there to basically explain or find out who was or why it was send back, and no one could tell us anything...
My reason and sending it to the state attorney was that I had two individuals from two different counties that I assisted with their form 4 paperwork on a machine gun, both of them had Sheriff's up for reelection and we had no idea who the sheriff's were either going to be after the election and it's not my duty to keep track of that or even look it up prior to the election, when I can easily send it to the State Attorney General.

I figured I was covering my bases should ATF decide to go and verify something on the application the name of the sheriff might not be correct, however it would be just my luck they would kick it out for that information not being correct post the November election time frame if a sheriff was not reelected or a new sheriff was in office and you had the old Sheriff's contact information
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.