Anyone sbr a Ruger Charger?

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone sbr a Ruger Charger?

Post by neverenoughguns » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:33 pm

I was thinking about submitting paperwork to sbr my charger. Anyone care to post results of their charger dressed in a stock? I am hesitant to go through the process again now that we can no longer do so electronically.....

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Anyone sbr a Ruger Charger?

Post by flcracker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Scott has one in a little plastic folding stock (ATI, maybe?). Finding a nice short lightweight barrel really makes for a great finished product - I put the same Tactical Solutions 4.5" barrel on mine (still in pistol configuration) so that with the can on it the length is pretty much the same as factory length. The problem is, I don't think that TacSol makes the barrels anymore.

http://www.hydroprintservices.com/image ... cketRifle1

and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:03 pm

Ive done several of the pocket rifles....if your gonna SBR it ...there is no need to burn a Charger unless you have an extra laying around...just use a regular 10/22 receiver....the first one I did was sort of a copy of what Scott did...its an AGP arms stock about $100, good thing they now sell a forearm if you wanna SRB a 10/22 takedown.

I cut the barrel back to 4.5 inches and threaded it because I couldnt find a short barrel now I grab every 10/22 factory barrel I can find and just chop and thread them....I also have a Charger with a 6in SS Kidd bull barrel, but 6 is as short as Ive found...shown with a SouthEast Arms .22 can ( on the fde ) and a Rebel silencer on the charger... except for the stock accuracy and recoil etc are the same.
Image.

Then I discovered a company called Pmaca, they sell an aluminum chassis thats the cats ass. About $120 for the chassis, allows the use of any AR style stock and PG. Keeping with the same theme 4.5 inch barrels and add any can...the FDE rifle is wearing FSN member Keith's new Dead Air Mask 22.
The green one was to demo for the local Sheriff's Office as an outside SWAT support weapon... the main purpose would be to take out a street light or that " pesky " barking Dog prior to a SWAT team making entry on a building... [smilie=033.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 am

I like the green stock! I have a charger that I don't see me using too terribly often so was looking at options. If I go the sbr route, will probably just keep the factory barrel in place. I am at 10 months and waiting for my last suppressor purchase but believe the wait times will drop dramatically once atf gets past all the forms submitted last July. Used to think 3-4 months was outrageous but now not so much when compared to 12 months..,,,

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 am

You can always look for a 10/22 stripped receiver and Form 1 that and enjoy the charger for the next 8 months....then just swap everything over. ...then either rebuild the charger or sell the receiver.
I've seen receivers on akfiles and GB in the $65 range ...plus ship and transfer ...FWIW
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.