Suppressor newbie ???

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
braknek16

Suppressor newbie ???

Post by braknek16 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:48 pm

So I am finally in the market for my first suppressor purchase, im going multi cal for the first one. thinking i am going with the silencerco hybrid. the info i am looking for and cant seem to find is....(mainly trying to find where to find this info)
1)what is the life(round count) of this and others like it or is it unlimited

2)what is the cleaning process and chemicals used to maintain it and other welded tube designs

Im sure there are more questions i will have and appreciate any help the group can provide thanks

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Suppressor newbie ???

Post by cvasqu03 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:10 pm

As long as you take care of it, the life of the suppressor should be unlimited, but as always, things wear out eventually. I doubt you'd shoot enough to actually wear one out though.

BTW, if you're still not sure what to get, I had results with a limited run suppressor that Thompson Machine sold me. It was a shortened version of their QMF which is made for 45 cal bullets, but it can also be used with 9mm. I purchased a second thread adapter for it and was able to use it on an UZI SBR, and it was just about as quiet as a Gemtech MultiMount had been on the same gun. It was selling for about $299 without a thread adapter which is a great deal for a relatively compact can that can do multi-caliber work.

It's been a while, but last time I checked (which was admittedly over a year ago) they still had some of these in stock. You might want to contact them to see if they still have any at that price. Here's the link where I heard about it.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewt ... 2&t=117831
If you're going to knock a man down, do it so he can't get up.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Suppressor newbie ???

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:02 am

you'll never wear it out, many folks shoot Full Auto in those cans, even then SiCo has a lifetime warranty RandyB678 or whatever destroyed his .22 sparrow by pounding the guts out of it, SiCo repaired it for free.

for cleaning get some rubber stoppers from Lowes or ACE [smilie=011.gif] fill it with mineral spirits and shake it like a James Bond Martini...dump it out and blow it out with compressed air , or just start shooting again

Rugged suppressors has a can on their M240 and they beat the crap out of it, cherry red at most every shoot
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.