Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
John K
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:33 am
Location: Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by John K » Sun May 28, 2017 11:35 am

Jonathanw wrote:
In ur sale post u asked for baffles, I believe that was the no no word in question, you can buy freeze plugs but any pre made individual silencer parts are treated the same as a suppressor and have to go through same the process.
Pretty much. If DanB had asked:

"Does anyone know the PN for a freezeplug with a n.nnn diameter, and a flange height of .nnn, or where I can buy some", we would all laugh and probably point him to ST. Though someone might post the answer. And avoided this s';t storm.

Though it is amusing.

.... Hey, Jonathan.... you were mentioning how slow its been here lately. Is DanB your alter ego? =D>

User avatar
Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Lutz

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by Jonathanw » Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 pm

John K wrote:
Jonathanw wrote:
In ur sale post u asked for baffles, I believe that was the no no word in question, you can buy freeze plugs but any pre made individual silencer parts are treated the same as a suppressor and have to go through same the process.
Pretty much. If DanB had asked:

"Does anyone know the PN for a freezeplug with a n.nnn diameter, and a flange height of .nnn, or where I can buy some", we would all laugh and probably point him to ST. Though someone might post the answer. And avoided this s';t storm.

Though it is amusing.

.... Hey, Jonathan.... you were mentioning how slow its been here lately. Is DanB your alter ego? =D>
If that were my alter ego and I wanted to kick up a fuse i would have asked about unregistered Lowers with the fun switch on them , that would have Made things fun [smilie=011.gif]

DanB
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Merritt Island FL

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by DanB » Sun May 28, 2017 12:35 pm

If you want to continue to refuse what is clearly your misunderstanding of the facts as they are, not your misinformed interpretation of them, then this conversation is useless. If you wont bother going to the DM web site and actually see what is staring you in the face, then I would suggest to you that it is your anus is impacted with your head and this conversation is over. I'm done skippy.

User avatar
Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Lutz

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by Jonathanw » Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 pm

DanB wrote:If you want to continue to refuse what is clearly your misunderstanding of the facts as they are, not your misinformed interpretation of them, then this conversation is useless. If you wont bother going to the DM web site and actually see what is staring you in the face, then I would suggest to you that it is your anus is impacted with your head and this conversation is over. I'm done skippy.
I don't see any pre made/drilled baffles or cones for sale?

User avatar
Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Lutz

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by Jonathanw » Sun May 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
DanB wrote:If you want to continue to refuse what is clearly your misunderstanding of the facts as they are, not your misinformed interpretation of them, then this conversation is useless. If you wont bother going to the DM web site and actually see what is staring you in the face, then I would suggest to you that it is your anus is impacted with your head and this conversation is over. I'm done skippy.
I don't see any pre made/drilled baffles or cones for sale?
I double checked non of them are technically suppressor parts as the end caps are undrilled, boosters and adapters don't classify as suppressor.

John K
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:33 am
Location: Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by John K » Sun May 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
I double checked non of them are technically suppressor parts as the end caps are undrilled, boosters and adapters don't classify as suppressor.
Gray area. The ATF has opined several times regarding 80%s with "dimples or holes" for locating the FCG pins as "firearms".

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are-%E2 ... rs-illegal

And even an improperly located "mark" as "machinegun"

http://weaponsman.com/?p=38646

It looks like those "undrilled endcaps" have some machining marks left over that could act as a locating point for a center-drill.

I wouldn't touch that with a 20' pole.

User avatar
305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3423
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:45 am
Location: SE Broward/ North Miami border

Re: Solvent trap guys.....hope you got your stuff if you planned to build one yourself

Post by 305tillimoved » Sun May 28, 2017 7:38 pm

DanB wrote:You jerks that know it all don't know squat.
Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

=:wvr
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

Post Reply